by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Can′t use split from household and move

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most all,expect some new pack like The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose option split from household and move in the game you will find it not work,you can see the character took out the phone and used it but nothing happened
What happens when the bug occurs? Choose option split from household and move in the game you will find it not work,you can see the character took out the phone and used it but nothing happened
What do you expect to see? Fix this bug
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

This bug is causing me some trouble. If I want my family to move out because of this bug, I need to spend more time.Please fix it

Message 1 of 59 (10,378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can′t use split from household and move

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 58 of 59 (18,397 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can′t use spilt from household and move

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I’m on PC 

Message 2 of 59 (10,332 Views)

Hero
@mike359 I tested this and it's fine for me. Can you test if it's isolated to that family ?

Can you split them via household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 59 (10,327 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, but it will take me more time, so I still hope to fix this bug
Message 4 of 59 (10,291 Views)

Hero
@mike359 Does it happen for all your families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 59 (10,276 Views)

Hero

@mike359 @taylorcheal 

I play on PC.  I just used it a few minutes ago to split up a household.  Used it 3 times in a row.  And it was really slow.  The lag was nearly a minute between the time the sim used the phone and the move panel came up the first time.  It was long enough that I thought the game had frozen up and I was getting ready to crash the game with Task Manager and reload.  But then the panel came up and everything was ok.  The next two times, it went a lot faster.  So my first thought on reading your posts was if you waited long enough for the game to bring up the move panel since once the call is made, nothing seems to happen for a while until the panel pops up.

So please describe the symptoms a bit more.

Did your game seem to freeze up or did the game keep going and sims kept doing things when it happened to you? 

Have you tried using the other way to do it on a lot, via a household computer to move the sims out?

If worse comes to worst, you can always use Household Manager to move the sims you want moved.  The phone and computer options are just a shortcut really and only save you one or two steps in the process by not having to exit the lot to the world screen.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 59 (10,261 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 The action would queue regardless to PC or mobile they’d do the action but the move box never showed up. So if you selected phone they’d pull out their phone do the action then put the phone away and continue doing other things. Meanwhile everything continues like normal no freezing no lag. The sims all interacting. I ended up using household manager to move
Message 7 of 59 (10,238 Views)

Hero
@taylorcheal Same question to you: Does this happen for all your families or was it limited to a specific household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 59 (10,209 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict of course.
Message 9 of 59 (10,181 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 59 (10,109 Views)