[OPEN] [CL] Routing failure when making egg rolls (no prepped meat in inventory)

by vrafinha

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Routing failure when making egg rolls (no prepped meat in inventory)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living

Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Werewolves

Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Myshuno Meadows in San Myshuno, buy Eggrolls from the food stall, return home, attempt to cook eggrolls
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim indicates that his path is blocked and sets the unfinished food down without preparing it
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to take the unfinished food to a counter, go through some type of preparation animation, then take the food to the stove, do a cooking animation, then put the food on a counter or table when it's finished cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have no idea when it started happening

Every time I ask my sim to make egg rolls she will go to the fridge grab the ingredients and then say that she cannot due to something in the way…but what?!? I’ve checked everything to make sure no food was left in the oven and microwave, and even reset the items and my sim to see if it would work and still no luck. Can anyone help my egg roll loving sim make egg rolls again?! Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 28 (3,004 Views)

Re: My sims won’t make egg rolls anymore

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by the prepped meat that's needed as an ingredient. Unfortunately, it only works if you actually have prepared meat in your inventory/fridge.

Users without Home Chef Hustle will need to wait for this to be patched, users that have the pack can prep meat with the stand mixed and use that.

@vrafinha Is egg rolls the only meal you have issues with ?

Could you test a different lot/save to see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (2,973 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Only egg rolls are the problem

Message 3 of 28 (2,944 Views)

Hero
@crammyboy What about my other questions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (2,940 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this problem in two saves at the moment. In one I was able to make them in someone else's house in San Myshuno but otherwise I can't make them at all. In this save I can't seem to make them at all either. 

Also some of the stoves are bugged and not working. 

Message 5 of 28 (2,818 Views)

Hero

Could any of you send me your saves ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (2,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. Tried it on two lots with one sim. Unfortunately cannot try a different save as no other saves have sims who know how to cook egg rolls. Tried to even chase down the egg roll vendor but no luck. The sim I am using is 'Alisha Fruchtbar'. Saves folder: https://ufile.io/q1e2lq16

Message 7 of 28 (2,713 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the save. Can duplicate the issue on that save game

Could someone please add the following info

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

@carrja0 @vrafinha @Dragonfly5159 @crammyboy 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (2,691 Views)

Re: [CL] Routing failure when making egg rolls

★★★★★ Expert

I did a test in my save without mods, and I had no problem cooking them. In my save at the moment Simple Living and the prepped ingredients (from the HCH stuff pack) are active. There must be something in those specific saves that do not allow the sim to cook the egg rolls correctly.

Message 9 of 28 (2,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living

Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Werewolves

Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Myshuno Meadows in San Myshuno, buy Eggrolls from the food stall, return home, attempt to cook eggrolls
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim indicates that his path is blocked and sets the unfinished food down without preparing it
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to take the unfinished food to a counter, go through some type of preparation animation, then take the food to the stove, do a cooking animation, then put the food on a counter or table when it's finished cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have no idea when it started happening

House: Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek

Lot Traits: Homey, Party Place, Chef's Kitchen

Refrigerator: Crisponix Adequate

Stove: Cooking-U Pro

Counters: BlandCo Contemporary Counter (4 available)

Sim: Young Adult, Spellcaster, Male

Cooking skill: Level 8

Gourmet Cooking skill: Level 1

Message 10 of 28 (2,624 Views)