Re: [CL] Routing failure when making egg rolls (no prepped meat in inventory)

by Gingerxyz

Original Post

Re: My sims won’t make egg rolls anymore

★ Apprentice

Thank you! I tried it and it worked! I have another issue. One oven isn’t working in any of my saves at all and I haven’t found a thing to me too about it and I have no clue how to set one of these up. How do I do that so they know that oven is bugged? It’s the Standard Gas Oven by Blazin’ Ladles. It won’t let me use it. It will either stop the cooking before it gets into the oven or if they actually get it into the oven it won’t finish and you have to empty the oven. I have had one other oven not want to bake just cakes but that is an on again off again issue with the classic modern stove. Those are the only two I have had issues with. Sorry for this long rambling mess. I just don’t know how to report bugs myself yet.

Message 21 of 28 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dragonfly5159 yes, that oven is bugged. Thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-the-standard-gas-oven-by-blazin-ladles-LE/td-p/12996405

Not sure about the cake issue. Best to make a thread in game issues for that so it can be troubleshooted. Make sure to remove all mods before testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 28 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I ordered all the ingredients, including wrapped red meat, and tried making the egg rolls that way. Still didn't work, so I can confirm that only the prepared meat from Home Chef Hustle will work.

Message 23 of 28 (544 Views)

City Living Egg Rolls recipe

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Get Together, City Living, Jungle Adventure, Cool Kitchen, Romance Garden, Movie Hangout, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Desert Luxe kit, Fashion Street kit and Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim go to the refrigerator to cook Egg Rolls from the City Living menu. Prior to the September 26th update for Home Chef Hustle, I have at least 5 Sims from different families that have Egg rolls in their refrigerator. But since the September 26th update, none of these Sims can cook Egg rolls. None of my Sim families have all of the City Living recipes, but I have been able to test 22 City Living recipes with 5 different Sim families and the only recipe that I can't cook is Egg Rolls.
What happens when the bug occurs? Click on the refrigerator, click on Egg rolls. The Sim will go to the refrigerator and pull out a package of meat. Then they get a red exclamation mark about their head and put the meat usually on the coffee table. Click clean up, the Sim will pick up the meat, go to trash can and then put is dishwasher or wash in sink.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sims cook Egg Rolls just like they can cook the other acquired City Living recipes. I have tested the following and they all work correctly: S & S Pork, Mapo Tofu w/Pork, S & S Eggplant, Siopao, Lumpia, Ensaymada, Pork Adobo, Goi Cuon, Banh Mi, Pho, Samosa, Curry, Nigiri, Ramen, Chicken burrito, Empanadas, Bean/cheese burrito, Spinach burrito, Brochette, Tajine and Merquez.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. September 26th update for Home Chef Hustle. prior to the update, these Egg Rolls were cooked on custom content counter tops and now won't even be cooked on the base game counter tops

I'm curious whether anyone else is having this same issue???

Message 24 of 28 (505 Views)

Re: City Living Egg Rolls recipe

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This morning I found that my bug report had been attached to an existing issue,  I have been checking answers HQ for several weeks and couldn't find anything similar to my problem.  I have just read the previous items and discovered that I'm just going to have to wait for a bug fix.  Thankfully it's only one City Living recipe out of 22 that I have found.

Message 25 of 28 (453 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is such an oddly specific issue, that I wonder why/how it's only affecting the ability to prepare/cook Egg Rolls, no other dish causes this issue, only the gripping Egg Rolls. If it weren't so inconvenient, I'd find it hilarious. Heck, I find it funny either way. XD 

Sorry, not an overly useful comment, other than hitting "Me Too", because it's happening to my sims as well. 

Message 26 of 28 (377 Views)

★ Guide

Getting this as well on Xbox Series S

Message 27 of 28 (364 Views)

★ Guide
Just ran into this issue myself. Don't have Home Chef Hustle so I hope it gets patched soon!
Message 28 of 28 (183 Views)