by unicornpiggiez

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Can't Paint Rooftiles in Certain Apartments in San Myshuno

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Get Famous, City Living, Seasons, Growing Together, Cottage Living, Cats and Dogs, High School Years, Island Living, Horse Ranch, Dine Out, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Werewolves, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into 702 Zenview,VIII Landgraab, or IX Landgraab in San Myshuno and try to paint the first floor ceilings. You'll notice that some sections are greyed out and unpaintable.
What happens when the bug occurs? Various roof sections in 702 Zenview, VIII Landgraab, and IX Landgraab in San Myshuno are unpaintable.
What do you expect to see? Able to paint the entire roof of 702 Zenview, VIII Landgraab, and IX Landgraab.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded patch 1.99.264.1030

I think it might have to do with the fact that these apartments have smaller first floors than second floors. The unpaintable area is on the first floor where it overlaps with other units. If the first floor is covered by a second floor that is considered part of the unit, the ceiling can be painted, but if the floor on top of the first floor is part of another unit, the ceiling is greyed out and unable to be painted.

Even in game, the roof is a weird grey that doesn't match the default white roofing. I've attached a photo of what it looks like at the end.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,681 Views)

Re: Can't Paint Rooftiles in Certain Apartments in San Myshuno

@unicornpiggiez 

Yep, it looks horrible and is annoying aesthetically. The ZenView apartments have always been buggy unfortunately with various other issues, this could be added to the list Standard smile

07-25-23_8_29_56 AM.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (2,646 Views)

★ Guide

Hopefully at least this one gets sorted out soon because the weird grey roof is driving me crazy with how bad it looks lol

Message 3 of 8 (2,625 Views)

★ Guide

I also just checked and VIII Landgraab in San Myshuno also has this issue

Message 4 of 8 (2,535 Views)

★ Guide

Just bumping this in hopes that this is fixed before For Rent is released

Message 5 of 8 (1,884 Views)

Re: [CL] Can't Paint Rooftiles in Certain Apartments in San Myshuno

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

THIS ISSUE IS HAPPENING TO ME AND ITS SO ANNOYING. Shame more people aren't talking about this. Almost everything with the CL apartments are bugged. The walls showing nearby apartments, the doors always being visible. I actually hate playing with CL because of this. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rory_nutt It's also wild how one of the key points in the design for CL apartments was the ceiling that hid other apartments because of how distractive it is.
Message 7 of 8 (762 Views)

★★ Guide

The walls showing nearby apartments is SO annoying, it really disturbs the gameplay. And this worked well before one of the updates was released!

IX Landgraab in San Myshuno, I can't paint the ceiling over part of the flat.

Landgraab IX

Message 8 of 8 (749 Views)