Re: [OPEN] [CD] Strays won’t eat from full bowls nor use litter (Patch 1.69)

by piperbird

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Strays won’t eat from full bowls nor use litter (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, cats and dogs, season,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to feed the strays
What happens when the bug occurs? Strays don’t eat from full bowls nor use litter boxes
What do you expect to see? Strays that eat from bowls and use litter boxes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I used the trait to invite stray cats on a lot and placed several litters and bowls on the floor. Strays came in with the empty food bowls bubble over their heads, but no one of them ate. Asking the animals what was the problem resulted in them saying that they needed a litter box, but they did not use them. I tried going in a park and placing full bowls there but the same thing happened. I read that this was fixed in a older patch, but I still have this problem and thought that it would have been useful to let you know. (Sorry for my English)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 25 (9,733 Views)

Re: [CD] Strays won’t eat from full bowls nor use litter (Patch 1.69)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, Stray cats won't eat or use litter boxes on my lot even though it has the Stray cats lot trait on it. I'm able to give them a treat but that's the only thing i can do in terms of feeding them.

Message 2 of 25 (9,671 Views)

★★ Guide

Same. Added Cat Hangout to the new Haunted House Residential lot type. The house is in Glimmerbrook. The strays come in, are clearly hungry, but never eat from the food automat or use the litter box. I thought at first that maybe it's to do with the Haunted House lot type, but judging from this thread, it's an older issue. 

Message 3 of 25 (9,631 Views)

★ Guide

Just today, I had a stray cat use a sandbox and a stray dog eat from a bowl so it works sometimes but for the most part it seems like they ignore things you put out for them. 

Message 4 of 25 (9,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I literally locked a stray cat in my house overnight to see if it would eat from the food bowls or use any of the nice and clean litterboxes but no. I've seen it happen (edit: as in, I've seen the strays eating) on another lot once or twice but on that lot too for the most part the strays just meowed constantly and never touched the food or litterboxes. (I tried moving the objects around to make sure they're not blocked by another object but that clearly wasn't the issue.) I even tried cooking a meal especially for them but they still wouldn't touch the food.

Message 5 of 25 (9,466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just made a new residential lot in Old New Henford and made it a cat hangout.  Every day, four cats come and cry with empty food bowl thoughts.  I have two automatic feeders set to dispense every hour.  The cats will sit near them, but never eat.  The food gets the green rotten smoke over it and I have to throw it away.  But the cats will not eat.  If this was supposedly fixed in a patch years ago, why is it still happening?

Message 6 of 25 (9,198 Views)

★★ Pro
@piperbird yeah it's very much not fixed. :/
Message 7 of 25 (9,126 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I ended up just turning off the cat hangout trait, I couldn't deal with it.  I just can't understand how a game like this can just ignore problems for years. 

Message 8 of 25 (9,119 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this too! I get so sad seeing the poor stray babies crying for food and I can't feed them Frown

Message 9 of 25 (8,376 Views)

Stray Pets Should Eat!

★★★ Novice

I’ve got the cat/dog hangout trait on a few houses and I put down food for the poor little blighters, but they rarely touch it, even when they’re apparently terribly hungry. Could the team please consider making the strays more likely to eat out of filled pet bowls? It’s completely heartbreaking! Thank you. 

Message 10 of 25 (8,348 Views)