by daikoyu

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Giving Catnip to cats cancels immediately

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except for the Star Wars one and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have catnip in your inventory, click on cat and “give catnip treat”
What happens when the bug occurs? The action cancels instantly
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to give catnip to my cat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have catnip in my sims inventory but when I click “give catnip treat”, the action cancels. This happens for both sims in the household, it kept doing this when I disabled mods and repaired the game. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 19 (5,189 Views)

Re: [CD] Giving Catnip to cats cancels immediately

Hero
@smsisita have you tested multiple cats and maybe another household to make sure it's not some kind of routing issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (5,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@smsisita Were you able to fix this? I'm having the exact same problem and have tried everything and it still won't work.
Message 3 of 19 (5,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Can confirm this. I tried it with multiple households and cats (New Game + Folder + Vanilla)

Message 4 of 19 (5,090 Views)

★ Guide

Just made a new family after purchasing Country Living and cannot give catnip to my kitty. Interaction is cancelled after a few seconds and catnip remains in my Sim's inventory. I have all four varieties of catnip and have tried each variety. I put the catnip in a different Sim's inventory and the same thing has happened. This is a brand new family. No mods or cc.

Message 5 of 19 (5,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@smsisita Same thing is happening to me!
Message 6 of 19 (4,960 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

First time playing with pets and I can confirm I have the exact same issue. The action cancels immediately. 

Message 7 of 19 (4,890 Views)

sims4 catnip problem

★★★ Novice

When playing a game, catnip is given to the cat, and the behavior is deleted. Even if you take out all the modes, the results are the same.

Message 8 of 19 (4,705 Views)

Re: sims4 catnip problem

Hey @khjh3057,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 19 (4,691 Views)

Re: sims4 catnip problem

Hero
@khjh3057 and I merged your post with the correct bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (4,682 Views)