by luckyaceco

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [DHD] Pets cant be pampered/cuddle on the sectional couches

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with a cat in the household
What happens when the bug occurs? I try the interaction, and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? To my cat in the sims to be able to be on the new sofas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Still don’t know what this box is…

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, adjusted game version

Message 1 of 13 (2,138 Views)

Re: Cat’s cant be pampered on the new couches

Hero
@Ari807 Do you mean the sectional sofas ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, the new sofars. The sectional ones Standard smile 

Message 3 of 13 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ari807 Just making sure. It's best to spell things out cause when the next pack comes, new sofas would be the ones from that pack. Same goes for the version number. If you just put latest for the game version, no one knows what that was once we get new patches. Adjusted that for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Adding additional information:

Sims are unable to use the "pamper on couch" action for cats and dogs when there is only a modular/section sofa (from Dream Home Decorator pack) on the lot. The sim does the "unable to complete" wave and nothing further.

Tested with custom sims and default townies, with both styles of modular couch and multiple combinations of seat types. I have tried removing all mods, and have tried a clean save file also.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English US
How often does the bug occur? 100% of attempts fail
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt the "pamper on couch" action with a household pet when the only couch on the lot is a section sofa from the Dream Home Decorator pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim performs the "unable to complete" wave and progresses to the next item in the queue
What do you expect to see? The action should complete just as it would with a standard (non modular) couch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Tested with all mods removed.

Message 5 of 13 (2,058 Views)

[CoL] [DHD] Can't cuddle dogs on sectional sofa

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except my first pet stuff pack, star wars game pack and cottage living expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place any piece of the sectional sofa down and then sit on it with your sim. call over the dog to cuddle.
What happens when the bug occurs? when i call over the dog, he can't jump up on the couch. he can't sleep on it or sit or anything.
What do you expect to see? i expect my sims to be able to sit on the sofa and cuddle their dog (big or small) or a cat. i want pets to be able to be on the couch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i would like my sims to be able to cuddle their dogs on the sectional sofas please.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 6 of 13 (1,559 Views)

Re: Can't cuddle dogs on sectional sofa

Hero
There's a thread already for cats: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CD-DHD-Cat-s-cant-be-pampered-on-the-sectional-couches/td-p/10...

Think it's essentially the same issue. Might merge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,535 Views)

Re: Can't cuddle dogs on sectional sofa

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you so much for replying! Yes, I have the same issue. I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks.

Happy siming,
Rosy
Message 8 of 13 (1,519 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I tested today on the pc version 1.82.99.1030 and the bug is still present.
Message 9 of 13 (1,823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for checking! <3

Message 10 of 13 (1,819 Views)