Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

by missmel11292

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat, place down some counters, some with objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cats will jump onto counters, but counters that have objects on them or sims interacting with them. They don't only do this, a lot of the time it will be a normal counter, however their filter for what counter is an inst jumpable isn't there, so they just jump on any, no matter what's on it or if it's being used. This can lead to some really... distressing images like the picture below, where my sim is preparing salad on the cat.. the cat jumped up after she did this. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the cats were made this way and this is intended, but i hope not... I've also seen this happen to microwaves and sinks, however that's less common. I've tested the following CC Less Mod less clean save repair game
What do you expect to see? Cats not land on the chopping board and other scary appliances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Bug seen below06-11-18_5-23-03 PM.png

Message 1 of 9 (3,273 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

Hero
Is anyone else seeing this issue ?

I had a cat jump on a table and then kinda getting stuck on a cake that was on there but she wasn't jumping up where something was on there.

So need more voices for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,122 Views)

Hero
Looks like this is pre-existing.

Added

https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/1011560109623971840

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (3,073 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for checking this out and posting about it on twitter! I was beginning to just think my game was somewhat broken and the issue was only in my game. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,038 Views)

★★ Novice

I, and a few friends on twitter, are also having this issue with cats getting stuck on counters.

It seems to happen when the cat jumps onto the counter when there is something on there e.g. food, appliances or decor.

I removed the controllable pets mod and it was still was still occurring without the mod.

To fix the issue (temporarily) I either move the counter the cat is on in Build mode or use testingcheats and teleport the cat onto the floor (with controllable pets mod)

Message 5 of 9 (2,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just experienced the cat cutting today, threw me way of guard, but my main issue is the cats getting stuck on the counters (even when there’s nothing else occupying the counter) or occasionally the fridge. The only way I’ve been able to solve this is by traveling with my pet and then returning home. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,847 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

03-15-19_9-06-09 PM.png

Either I'm having this bug too, or Ilan decided he'd rather Hilda was a Bobtail Cat

Message 7 of 9 (2,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have this issue too. Shift-click on the cat and click reset helps.

Message 8 of 9 (2,348 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

★★★★ Apprentice

I had this issue/bug back when I only had the CD and GTW expansions and no CC/mods, it seems pretty common and I also saw it come up in RTs TS4 let's play.
Seems to happen when the cat already has the action set to get on the counter/table and a sim is already heading to the counter/table.

Message 9 of 9 (2,338 Views)