Re: Basement stairs graphically glitch foundation trim and make fake wall on gro

by Arethien

Original Post

[OPEN] Basement stairs glitch foundation trim/ make fake wall on ground

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Snowy Escape StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party Holiday Celebration, Grim's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Forgotten Hollow Count Vladislaus Straud IV lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basement stairs cause graphical glitch above ground. Interrupt foundation trim. They also are stuck to terrain, as it raises when I raise foundation.
What do you expect to see? No graphical glitch and no basement stairs affecting ground level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is the glitch:

sketch-1605299530559.png

Stair length, missing foundation trim and grey wall (?):

sketch-1605299649527.png 

After raising foundation, terrain and glitch wall rose too:

sketch-1605299777401.png 

Strange wall disappeared with the stairs, but trim and corner were still missing after I deleted stairs, trim protruded after few seconds:

sketch-1605300101038.png

Corner came back only after I moved foundation forward two tiles:

sketch-1605300247068.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 5 (2,244 Views)

Re: Basement stairs graphically glitch foundation trim and make fake wall on gro

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue too on PC, by any chance did you find a solution besides pulling out that wall? 

Message 2 of 5 (2,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@AfroDite26 wrote:

I'm having this same issue too on PC, by any chance did you find a solution besides pulling out that wall? 

I made that stairs don't extend out of bounds of a house foundation.

PS_App_20201122_123120.jpeg PS_App_20201122_123113.jpeg 

For the porch right trim corner missing I moved that part of basment more under foundation, like on the upper screenshot.

PS_App_20201122_123127.jpegSo this corner reappeared too.

PS_App_20201122_124510.jpeg

PS_App_20201122_124516.jpeg

Not really a fix, a workaraund.

Message 3 of 5 (2,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just two observations I can add.  In image #2 of your first post, I think that is by design now, or at least a side-effect, as I have noticed in my own game stairs will cut a fence that is at their top, meaning I no longer have to create my own gap in an open stairwell fence.  Not tried it with wall or foundation myself, though I think I will try it just to see.    The bit about the terrain raising makes me suspect something is trying to pull the basement higher as you work on your build (almost certainly not by design).  Terrain will always cover the basement.

Later:  With the ceiling on the basement, I get "incompatible with terrain restraint terrain tile" when trying to place stairs partly under a foundation whereas with the ceiling removed the stairs place but cause odd indentations in the exterior foundation.

Message 4 of 5 (2,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Basement stairs glitch foundation trim/ make fake wall on ground

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sorry for replying to an old topic but I just bought the vampires pack and noticed this bug myself, Then came across this post while trying to google it. Anyways thanks for the tips on how to workaround these issues!!! By making minor adjustments to basement walls (moving them slightly) was able to fix both missing trim spots and for the stairs all I had to do was change the basement wall height from medium to short which instantly removed the grey wall outside!

Message 5 of 5 (1,282 Views)