by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[FIXED] [BDK] [TLSP] Dust and bunnies don't accumulate on tiny living lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bust the dust kit, tiny living stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By changing lot type to tiny house residential
What happens when the bug occurs? When in tiny home, dust won't accumulate and dust bunnies won't appear. I can't even check dust. If i try to place a befriended dust bunny, when i reload the lot it will disappear if it's a tiny house.
What do you expect to see? Tiny house should be able to accumulate dust, check dust level, and make befriended dust bunny persistent (it should stay forever as the game description suggests)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When in tiny home, dust won't accumulate and dust bunnies won't appear. I can't even check dust level. If i try to place a 

befriended dust bunny, when i reload the lot it will disappear if it's a tiny house.

Tiny house should be able to accumulate dust, check dust level, and make befriended dust bunny persistent (it should stay forever as the game description suggests).

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted tag

Message 1 of 22 (3,386 Views)

Re: [BDK] Bust the Dust Kit doesn't integrate well with tiny home & haunted

★★★★ Guide
@alrdo04 I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I'm playing in a haunted house, and the building is always clear and shining - the dust just won't appear. I thought I would probably be able to fix it by removing the vacuum cleaner and then purchasing it again - well, it didn't work. It's a lack of the pack intergration.
Message 2 of 22 (3,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@alrdo04 Could you please edit this post to make it about tiny living only

The haunted house already has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/A/A/m-p/10135598/jump-to/first-unread-message

Better to keep them seperate

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (3,333 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oops i didnt know sorry. Fixed it

Message 4 of 22 (3,320 Views)

Hero
@alrdo04 THanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (3,286 Views)

Bust the Dust not working

★★ Novice

Hey everyone, not sure if it’s the game or my lot etc. 

my sim has been living on her lot for about 2/3 weeks and the house is still shimmering. I have the vacuum but have not used it yet. 

I’m in a tiny home with one sim but have also applied the filthy trait to the lot to see if it would help. 

we still shiny LOL 

Message 6 of 22 (3,147 Views)

Re: Bust the Dust not working

Hero (Retired)
@thegidget I've moved your post to the bug report. Please click the "Me Too" on the bottom of the first post.
Message 7 of 22 (3,121 Views)

Re: Bust the Dust not working

★★ Novice

Ah thank you! Sorry i think I’ve only posted once before a long while ago, my apologies

Message 8 of 22 (3,097 Views)

Re: [BDK] [TLSP] Bust the Dust Kit doesn't integrate well with tiny home residen

★★ Novice

So quick update, be continued playing in the same house (tiny) got a kitten and now can check dust levels and have a dust bunny. Perhaps it takes much much longer when one sim in a small space? By the time I noticed an issue it’s been 10 Sim days, so it was definitely longer than that for something to happen

Message 9 of 22 (3,019 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] [TLSP] Dust and bunnies don't accumulate on tiny living lots

★ Novice

I am having the same issue with a haunted lot. It was working before they did the latest update to fix the fact that my sims were vacuuming 3 times a day. Now they don’t have dust at all. 

Message 10 of 22 (2,763 Views)