[OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

[OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the Eco-Friendly Light Bulb by Morcucorp (from the Laundry Day SP) and turn on auto lights
What happens when the bug occurs? The Eco-Friendly Light Bulb by Morcucorp doesn't turn off when they should with auto lights on.
What do you expect to see? A bit more of an Eco-Friendly light that turns off when Sims are sleeping or not in the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When having auto-lights on the Eco-Friendly Light Bulb by Morcucorp won't turn off when Sims are sleeping or not in the room.

Edit By Crinrict:  adjusted tag

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 42 (6,580 Views)

Re: Eco-Friendly Light Bulb by Morcucorp doesn't work with auto lights

Somehow the problem went away after posting this report. However, it now moved to the living room. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 42 (6,508 Views)

Hero
Works fine for me as well. Do you still have issues with auto-lights ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 42 (6,460 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I cannot duplicate this issue.  How exactly did you manage the settings for auto lights?  They can be set for a particular light, a room, or for all lights.  Is it possible you set them for certain lights but not others or certain rooms but not others?

Message 4 of 42 (6,451 Views)

It was auto lights on all rooms, even I can't reproduce it anymore. But It seems to be more an issue with auto-lights not fully working. 
But minor enough for me to say, close this one. I thought it was the Eco-Friendly Light Bulb, tested it, changed on/off and auto-lights on/off, kept happening. 

And then all of a sudden, after posting of course, it went from the bedroom to the living room.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 42 (6,441 Views)

Hero
Going to put this on feedback to see if others still have issues with auto-lights

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (6,427 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  Auto-lights don't work, period. After recent update 2/22/18.

MacBook Pro

Mac OS

High Sierra  version 10.13.3

Starda01

Message 7 of 42 (6,384 Views)

Hero
Did they work before the patch for you ? Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (6,371 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Auto-Lights not working

★ Guide

I have the same problem in the living room / kitchen (They're in the same room)

But my problem is that they won't turn on when the sim enters the room. 

I've clicked "automatic lights - all lights" multiple times but it keeps happening.

I don't have Eco lights tho. 

Message 9 of 42 (6,318 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Auto-Lights not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

For me: If the firepace is lit in the room then the auto lights won't turn off the lamps for that room when everyone sleeps. If the sim puts out the fire, then the auto light works as should.

Message 10 of 42 (6,309 Views)