by SirGingerBoy

Original Post

Neighborhood Stories: Teens have babies and are pregnant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. Neighborhood stories has been running in the background. After a while, i went to check which households had new babies and discovered teens with babies.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teens are pregnant and have children, NO MODS. Not all of the teens were pregnant or had babies, but 4 female teen sims had babies and/or were pregnant. i do not use mods. This save file is a little old, as i play it off and on for a while so i do not know when the teens became pregnant. I just randomly checked and found them. I do not know how often this bug occurs since i do not check the homes in other save files.
What do you expect to see? Teens should not be able to get pregnant or have children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted formatting for readability as template didn't properly pop-up

Message 1 of 6 (1,355 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Stories: Teens have babies and are pregnant

Slightly different, but Neighbourhood stories has caused pregnant elderly sims in my game

Message 2 of 6 (1,234 Views)

Hero
@Strangelovekraft Did you get a phone call or a message through the neighborhood notifications ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i do not recall getting a notification, however i was not checking it because the pop ups are a little annoying. it will give an update for each...single...sim... requiring me to click "check neighborhood stories" 50 times, instead of just a list of all the sims that did something new. I will normally just let it run, and then just open my manage worlds menu to shuffle homes around, or move out teen sims that aged up into adults to their own place, or separate the roommates if one had a baby, or put two single sims in a relationship for future babies.

Message 4 of 6 (1,218 Views)

Hero
@SirGingerBoy If it was a call you'd probably know cause a Sim will call you asking if you think they should have a baby. There's an open bug report for elders for that scenario, neither for teens though which is why I asked :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i think there must be some kind of relationship made in the green bar for a sim to call and ask about having a baby. But the issue is that teenage sims should not be able to have a baby by default (some people do not mind that which is why they will get mods for teens or elder sims to still have them). I did not interact with the teen sims in my game to have any relationship bar. therefore, they would not call my sim to ask about babies. Also, since i know who the teen sims in game are, if i did get that call from a teen sim i would still be in the same situation, since i do not think teens should have babies by default.

Message 6 of 6 (718 Views)