by Fili9521

Original Post

Neighborhood Stories Accidental Death do not produce Urn/Tombstone

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1,86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims4 Holiday Celebration Pack, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack,Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack ,Spooky Stuff Pack, Bowling Night Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Fitness Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Vampires Game Pack, Spa Day Game Pack Seasons Expansion Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See that someone died by a Noghborhood story note then look for the Grave everywhere and see that it is not to be found no mater how long you look this will also happen to played households where nighborhood stories is active
What happens when the bug occurs? The Dead sim will not be found and the Ghost does not visit his living family
What do you expect to see? That the grave can be found maybe in a Family ralitives infentory or the hous hould inventory or just on the lot they live or add a grave yard where all the graves then go
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The graves a non existend 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title 

Message 1 of 6 (1,947 Views)

Re: Graves a not existent

★★★★ Expert

I've found quite a few graves, but in my experience:

• If they lived alone there will not be a grave.
  • If their family moved out before you got there there will not be a grave.

That said, I found one in the front yard and several just inside the front door of households that have had Sims die, so it does happen SOMETIMES.

Message 2 of 6 (1,929 Views)

Sims that died in accidents leave no graves

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure that Neighborhood Stories are enabled for non-played families, especially the "Die in Accidents" toggle. Wait until some Sims die. Go visit the lot where the deceased Sim(s) used to live.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no tombstones of the Sims that were killed off by Neighborhood Stories.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the tombstones of the Sims who died in accidents on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims that died in accidents via Neighborhood Stories don't leave tombstones on the lots they used to live in. The only time when Sims leave tombstones on their home lot is when they die of old age which has nothing to do with Neighborhood Stories.

Message 3 of 6 (1,529 Views)

Re: Sims that died in accidents leave no graves

★★★ Apprentice

Have you visited all houses in each world prior to enabling neighborhood stories?

Urns will only appear at locations that were visited in the past

While there are played and unplayed households there are also played and unplayed lots. Played lots are lots that the sims of your active household has visited. Unplayed lots are lots that sims of your active household have never visited. Urns will only generate at played lots

Message 4 of 6 (1,506 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Is it really a thing? Interesting. I wonder why it's not communicated in any shape or form in Tutorials or somewhere else because now lots of families will have Sims disappear from their family trees because I can't "strengthen connection to physical world". I hope it still gets resolved somehow by the developers.

@elektropunch wrote:

Have you visited all houses in each world prior to enabling neighborhood stories?

Urns will only appear at locations that were visited in the past

While there are played and unplayed households there are also played and unplayed lots. Played lots are lots that the sims of your active household has visited. Unplayed lots are lots that sims of your active household have never visited. Urns will only generate at played lots

Message 5 of 6 (1,462 Views)

★ Pro

I'm playing a 100 baby challenge, and my matriarch's eldest children are now starting to die of old age. A few others died previously in accidents. I can find no rhyme or reason so far as to whether or not an urn is generated when they die.

As I mentioned, a few died in accidents. I had no problem finding urns on their lots.

A few more have now died of old age. I was able to find some of their urns, but not all of them. In the two cases where I could not find an urn, my sim had previously travelled to one of the lots but not the other. So, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether you've been to the lot before. One thing to note is that the two urns I could not find were for twin brothers who died of old age on different lots minutes apart from each other. That seems to be the only thing about their death that's unique from the others: twins dying of old age minutes apart. (There was another set of twins where one died in an accident; found his urn no problem.)

My sim has other sets of twins, but it'll be a while yet before they die of old age. I'll be watching to see whether the same thing happens with them. Regardless, I'm sad I won't be able to collect every one of my sim's children's urns. The family graveyard will never be complete...

Message 6 of 6 (898 Views)