Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Yamachan bursting into homes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Snowy Escapes, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a lot on the empty Snowy Escapes lot and move a family in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The town mascot (Yamacho) comes in several times a day and tries to bake a white cake, he ends up setting the house on fire. There is no way to get him to leave as he is not a normal sim, or a way to stop him. I even locked the door, but he still comes in and tries to bake me a white cake.
What do you expect to see? Yamacho should not invite himself into my locked house and try and bake a cake but causing a fire
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added tag

Message 1 of 95 (25,095 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [SE] Yamachan bursting into homes

Hero

Yamachan will no longer enter your homes even if you use a Neighborhood Action Plan. If Yamachan is already in your home, you can tell them to leave using the Send Home interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 95 of 95 (2,776 Views)

All Replies

Re: Town Mascot Snowy Escape and the White Cake

Hero
@nataliepye Do you have any NAPs active in the hood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 95 (24,998 Views)

Yamachan uninvited in Gameplay

★★★★★ Novice

Yamachan from the newest pack, Snowy Escape, keeps entering my sims home uninvited and proceeds to visit the refrigerator and takes out a class of water and walks around the house or sits to drink the water. In gameplay, I am unable to "send home" or ask him to leave. This is also after adjusting the doors and their allowance features in the gameplay. 

Message 3 of 95 (25,015 Views)

Re: Yamachan uninvited in Gameplay

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Juhnaynay It's probably related to the general random folks in homes issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Random-sims-in-my-apartment-or-house-Patch-1-63-13...

There's this that's also related to yamachan as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Town-Mascot-Snowy-Escape-and-the-White-Cake/m-p/9733342

but as i've also only seen yamachan do that, I'd suggest to create a specific bug report for that in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I might merge later but for now, probably best if you create a new thread (merging is easier than splitting)

NVM. Using the bug report as a general thread for Yamachan bursting into homes

@aromeiser Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 95 (24,994 Views)

Yamachan

★★ Novice

Yamachan keeps walking in to my house and catching the stove on fire from all the cake he starts. Please can you make it so yamachan can't just walk in please.

Message 5 of 95 (24,931 Views)

Re: Yamachan

Hero
Merged some posts together

There is an option to turn Yamachan visits off if you click on the staute (there is one in each hood). That will not make him show up in the mountain part at all

He doesn't show up at all anymore then so if you need him for the child festival, make sure to turn him back on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 95 (24,891 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! This has worked for me Standard smile no more burning down my houses!

Message 7 of 95 (24,829 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Turning Yamachan off has not helped for me. He is still showing up.
It wasn't too big of an issue before. He'd just start trying to make a white cake, cancel the task and then stare aimlessly into the abyss of time before quietly leaving. But just now he burned down my entire kitchen while my sims were off skiing. The firefighters who showed up burned alive, but Yamachan walked away scorched from standing in the middle of an entire room on fire... He's immortal... And incredibly annoying.
The insurance company only gave me 1257 simoleons. Damages totaled over 7000 simoleons plus the loss of two lives. Yamachan must be stopped.

Message 8 of 95 (24,824 Views)

Hero
@aiichi382 Did you travel to another lot ? Did it maybe reset ? Does he also still show up in the world where he should or just your lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 95 (24,778 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did travel with my sims quite a few times. However it still says it's disabled on the statue for all of my sims, and he still shows up. He's present for any and all festivals he's supposed to show up for, but he's also showing up on my home lot and leaving half made white cakes all over the place.

Message 10 of 95 (24,744 Views)