Re: Workaholic moodlet bug

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Workaholic moodlet constantly stuck (Lifestyle active)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all up to and including snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sim aquiring the workaholic life style, reaching career lvl 6
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim is constantly tense, due to the moodlets that occur when they are not going to work while being a workaholic. Hes in the salaryperson career (lvl 6) and works 5 days a week, the moodlet does'nt go away though. The moodlet could be coming from not doing the daily tasks, thats another bug. I can host phone conferences but the task does'nt update or complete. When deleting the life style via cheats the moodlet is gone until restarting the game. Life style still gone, but moodlet is back. Satisfaction point potions and cheats to make sims happy do not work.
What do you expect to see? I expect the bug to go away when my sim goes to work. that time at lvl 6 in the career was the first time that moodlet ever ocurred, although I had the life style for the majority of the career. I also expect the moodlet to not occur then the sim doesnt have the life style anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've only had this ocurr with the one and only game I created after downloading the snowy escape expansion pack, so I'm not sure about the probability of the bug ocurring.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag, adjusted title

Message 1 of 63 (19,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Workaholic moodlet constantly stuck (Lifestyle active)

Hero

Work Withdrawals are now removed when working during their off hours.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 63 (3,189 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens for me.  My sim is Salary Person L10 (Head of Department) and has the workaholic lifestyle.  Going to work does not remove the tense moodlet.  Nor does going to 'work on off hours'. 

Message 2 of 63 (19,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The moodlet finally disappered when he got promoted. Hard to do that on lvl 10 though.

Message 3 of 63 (19,149 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried travelling to another lot with your workaholic Sim that has the tense buff stuck?

Message 4 of 63 (19,134 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes it does nothing.  Also tried repairing game, doing some of the pre work checklist and resetting the sim. 

Message 5 of 63 (19,125 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BiffaBaker Thanks for getting back with me. I've been forcing my workaholic sim to take days off to get the debuff, and when it finally appeared, the debuff dropped when I travelled so I was unable to test further. I'll keep at it.
Message 6 of 63 (19,123 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Workaholic moodlet constantly stuck (Lifestyle active)

Hero (Retired)

I was finally able to see this on PS5. My sim who is in the Conservationist career ended up a workaholic. He never took vacations and he only had the weekends off. He then got stuck with the stressed mood from work withdrawals that never went away and kept getting stronger until they were +5. He went to work constantly autonomously, and never took any days off but the buff stayed until he was promoted.

He's panicked from work withdrawals while at work with the positive work buff on him.

The Sims™ 4_20201210200840.jpg

Message 7 of 63 (18,835 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening for me as well. This is my 3rd sim since installing Snowy Escapes, and none of the others have bugged in their lifestyles. However, since this sim reached level 5 in her career, all three of her lifestyles have been bugging out, to the point that she's not only getting the tense from not working debuff that never goes away, she's also getting a debuff from the single and loving it lifestyle saying she'sin a relationship... but she has never had a romantic interaction. She's unflirty, as well, so this was intentional. I believe it is the workaholic lifestyle that is bugged, as another sim had the single lifestyle as well and never had any problems. But it's worth noting that it's also bugging the other lifestyles of the sim once it starts.

Message 8 of 63 (18,761 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I used the lifestyle-go-poof potion to remove the workaholic lifestyle. Still getting debuffs from it. Repaired the game. Still there. 

Message 9 of 63 (18,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I sent my sime to the lifestyle coaching, I removed the workoholic trait, I used the "allways relaxed" potion....nothing works.

My retired Sims is still stressed as hell

None of the usual stress relivers help (bathing etc)

if you have a look at the pics you see that the workaholic lifestyle is not present in the Simology A-Z window but still present in the lifestyles info

Message 10 of 63 (18,349 Views)