by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Workaholic Sim keeps trying to leave lot to 'Go To Work'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: All GPs: Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day SPs: Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a Sim has a workaholic lifestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has workaholic lifestyle and I made them quit their job for a new one. While unemployed, Sim gets extremely Tense about missing work and will perform Go To Work autonomously. Because they have no job, they come back immediately. In another instance, I made another Workaholic Sim enter the active Actor career and they got the Tense moodlet about "missing work" even though they were at the set doing active career. I let it play out and the Sim autonomously performs "Go To Work" and left the movie set lot and loaded back at the Home lot, not making any money for the day.
What do you expect to see? A Workaholic Sim should know that they do not have a job they can go to. They also shouldn't be leaving Active Careers because they want to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug is really frustrating because I'm doing a Super SIm kind of thing and every time I quit a job to enter a new one the Sim just freaks out because of the Workaholic lifestyle. I've had the Sims constantly bugging and going to work on off hours which I know is an in-game feature but they often return immediately with no money or randomly are taking days off (not on Holidays that are on the calendar). The incessant autonomous desire to Go To Work when they're unemployed is annoying because I have to constantly delete the action. This event where the Sim ran off set in order to "Go To Work" after being extremely Tense about missing work was the last straw and I had to report it. The Sim even arrived back home still in costume and makeup.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (7,952 Views)

Re: Unemployed Workaholic Sim keeps trying to leave lot to "Go To Work&quot

★★★ Apprentice

I feel like the Lifestyle traits are “bugged”, at the very least they’re bugging me lol. I feel like all the sims that I’ve played unlock the People Person from just being close to their families and they unlock the Workaholic trait just by going to their jobs like normal. Imo they need to adjust the requirements for those 2 lifestyle traits to make those a little more difficult to attain. Plus with the workaholic one, mine is bugged that even while my sim is at work, they’re still tense from not enough work... 

Message 2 of 18 (7,920 Views)

Re: Unemployed Workaholic Sim keeps trying to leave lot to "Go To Work&

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I feel like the Workaholic trait is WAYYYYYYYY too easy to get.  I've ranted elsewhere here, but... yeah.  My Sims who have the Responsible reward trait from Parenthood all become Workaholics and I LOATHE AND DESPISE it, and was unable to remove it with Lifestyle-Go-Poof.  I had to resort to mods. 

(I'm also doing Super Sim in one of my saves, and... yeah.)

Message 3 of 18 (7,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Lifestyle-Go-Poof potion does absolutely nothing. I’ve tried it a few times and each time nothing happens. I really shouldn’t have to resort to mods for this!! 

Message 4 of 18 (7,900 Views)

★★★ Novice

The lifestyle go poof potion worked for me? Kinda... I had a workaholic but it was throwing a last exception so I bought him the potion. directed him to drink it, he didn't, so I tried again but it said I didn't have a lifestyle, so I went to a different lot and then I was able to see I was no longer a workaholic and I still have the potion. 

Message 5 of 18 (7,880 Views)

Re: Unemployed Workaholic Sim keeps trying to leave lot to "Go To Work&quot

★★★ Guide

I had a similar issue, but the sim was in the active career on a paranormal investigation. He just left halfway through with the action "Go To Work" which ended up failing the gig.

Message 6 of 18 (7,831 Views)

lifestyles completely broken

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, games, and stuff packs and all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gain the workaholic lifestyle and use a career from Get To Work
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will always autonomously go to work when at home. However, I've been at the Scientist career and my sim will literally leave work to 'go to work'. It makes literally no sense.
What do you expect to see? My sim to not leave work to go to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure what to do

Message 7 of 18 (7,832 Views)

Re: lifestyles completely broken

Hero
@OswinLightwood I'm merging your post with an existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (7,779 Views)

Sim Stuck at Work Off Hours until Game Crashes/ Workaholic Lifestyle Bug

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single expansion pack. Every game pack except star wars. And the stuff packs including romantic garden, spooky, kids room, toddler, laundry day, my first pet, mochino, and nifty knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim is level 7 of the charity organizer career. Recently she got the workaholic lifestyle. Bug occurs when she is tense from not being at work. She then goes to work on off hours. I have no mods.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won't stop going to work on off hours. I'll try to cancel her being at work on off hours but it just immediately makes her go back. I can't make her do anything else. I can play with other sims in the household but the second I try to interfere with her the game quits out. Her actual hours for work started but I can't make her go because she is stuck on the off hours action. I've tried to repair the game, make sure it's updated, and restarting/shutting off my computer. I've also tried restarting the sim but it just makes my game crash as any other attempt to break her from this does. Don't know what to do. Hope this doesn't make it impossible to play game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to have my sim go to work and not constantly be wanting to go to work when she is not there. Anytime I leave her without anything in her queue she goes to work. I think it shouldn't be so in control of her life. I also obviously expect my game to not shut down every time I try to break her from the workaholic spell. I imagine the workaholic lifestyle is what is bugged here. This makes it impossible to play. Don't know if I need to use a cheat to remove the lifestyle or just remove her from the household. Neither are great options. I won't play the game for a while until this is fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't add the screen recording I took because it is too big a file i guess. It just showed my sim gone at work on off hours and every time I click the action to cancel it gets replaced over and over until suddenly the game crashes. 

Message 9 of 18 (7,728 Views)

Re: Sim Stuck at Work Off Hours until Game Crashes/ Workaholic Lifestyle Bug

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 18 (5,393 Views)