Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Repetitively reacting to first snow

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island, Magic, Spooky, and luxury.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game while it's snowing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims in the household queue up react to first snow more then one time.
What do you expect to see? Them queuing it up one time not several times in one day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My current family has "Reacted to first snow" several times. Reacting to first snow in general is annoying, but I can deal with it. Reacting to more then once in a day, however, is overkill. I cancel it out but they seem to be determined to do this every single time it snows.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (2,870 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Repetitively reacting to first snow

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still encountering this issue? A save file where you've seen this would be really useful, you can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (2,400 Views)

All Replies

Re: Repetitively reacting to first snow

★ Pro
@simgirl542 Are your household members vampires? The hidden First Snow trait should prevent this interaction from occuring again (this winter at least).
Message 2 of 13 (2,808 Views)

★ Guide

No. None of my household members are vampires. What first hidden snow trait?

Message 3 of 13 (2,781 Views)

★ Pro
@simgirl542 Was every household member able to complete reacting at least once (and no summer inbetween)? If so could you please use the Show Sim Info mod to export a list of all hidden traits they have?
Message 4 of 13 (2,763 Views)

★ Guide

Letting them see the first snow works to stop this, but it's still annoying seeing them go back outside repetitively when the queue for it is cancelled. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,711 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Repetitively reacting to first snow

★★★ Guide

I find it most annoying that my sims are about to explode with desperate bladder and hygiene needs, and the game will clear their queue to send them outside to react to the first snow. If it was kids it'd be somewhat logical, but this happens for adult and old sims as well, where it makes no sense that they get so excited for snow - especially when they've seen it before.

Message 6 of 13 (2,675 Views)

★★★ Guide

Considering how short Sims lives are (depending on your game settings) they are pretty much only going to see snow once or twice in their entire lifetimes. So being excited to see it makes sense.

....bladder failing or starving to death, or going out in it naked and freezing and refusing the action to put some clothes on because the excitement from the snow that interrupts almost every self care actions repeatedly however is a bit...well...

I think sim priorities are a bit screwy these days. 😄😜

Message 7 of 13 (2,668 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for your reports on this issue. This does really help our team a lot! We continue to investigate the issue, however, we have not been able to reproduce it successfully yet.
If anybody still sees this occurring in their game and does not mind sharing a save file with us, that would be super helpful as it would enable our team to gather further information about why this keeps happening to your Sims!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 13 (2,602 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Repetitively reacting to first snow

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still encountering this issue? A save file where you've seen this would be really useful, you can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 9 of 13 (2,401 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Repetitively reacting to first snow

★★★ Apprentice

The first time winter rolls around in the seasons pack my sim tries to go outside a thousand times then I have to reset the sim. 

Message 10 of 13 (2,172 Views)