by delelise

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Keep going outside during storms

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moshino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have storms turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims just go outside during thunderstorms and blizzards and stand there for no reason.
What do you expect to see? Sims staying inside during storms and not going outside to stand for no reason.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure why, some discord people have experienced this as well, but during extreme weather (Blizzards and Thunderstorms) sims will go outside and stand there for a little while then "Run Inside" like they're freaking out. It used to happen every now and then but now it's far more often where I'm constantly telling a sim to go back inside during storms. There is no action happening when they go outside, they just stand there for a little while and then freak out and run back inside if not told to go back inside. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (1,824 Views)

Re: keep going outside during storms

Hero
@delelise Short-tested this on two of my saves.

One has a lot of outdoor stuff Sims love to do and they went out do that despite the thunderstorm. On my other save, they stayed indoors.

Does this happen on all your households ?

Tagging this as needs info to see if others have this too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,792 Views)

Re: keep going outside during storms

★ Apprentice
@crinrict It seems to be most of my households. Some with outdoor stuff some without. But they weren't queuing anything outside, they were just walking outside and standing outside the door.
Message 3 of 6 (1,750 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [S] Keep going outside during storms

★ Guide

I have not noticed my sims going outside for no reason during storms. However my child sims keep going outside to do their homework on the table that is outside. Even when the indoor table is much closer when I start the interaction she goes outside. Even when I place the homework on the indoor table, she picks it up and takes it outside. She then becomes stressed from being outside in a thunderstorms. Silly girl.

Currently in my game there is a thunderstorm going on for 3 sim days straight. And this keeps happening every time I ask her to do her homework. The other child sim in the family, a boy, does his homework inside. I guess the girl just loves that outdoor table. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,715 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who has encountered this issue recently possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (1,200 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick I have been seeing the same problem and have uploaded my save to a server of mine. Can't seem to DM you tough.
Message 6 of 6 (900 Views)