Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Bees in the bee box won't calm down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the bee box (beehive?) and wait for the bee's to become angry from mites. Treat the mites then try to bond with them to calm the bees down. If they calm down, check back a few minutes later to find them angry again.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim treated them for mites then tried to bond with them to bring them down to calm. They kept attacking her so I used testingcheats and shift+click to reset the box. This worked but only for a very short time. Also, they stopped producing honey and beeswax.
What do you expect to see? Calm bees producing honey and wax.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ok so as stated above I placed the bee box on my lot like I always do for the honey (and to help evolve the plants faster). However, I'm have a few issues. I'm not sure if they are related, but they do happen within a sim day of each other. The current season in my saved game is summer. I harvest honey and wax from the box 1 time, then after a bit I have to treat them for mites. I've noticed afterwards that they stop producing honey and wax, and are constantly either irritated or angry. Bonding with the bees doesn't work, and only results in repeatedly getting stung. I've tried testingcheats on followed by shift+click and reset object. This will work for a very short time. Most recently I treated for mites, then less than 30 minutes sim time later had to treat them again. My sims can't go anywhere near the box without the beekeeping suit on. This issue started after installing Eco Lifestyle.

EDIT: I did not have this issue in Sulani, so far it is only in the new world that came with Eco Lifestyle.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (9,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Bees in the bee box won't calm down

Hero

Bees will no longer become Enraged or Irritated after applying Mite Treatment. They will BEE a little more grateful to their caretaker Sim!

Fixed in Patch 1.101.290/1.81

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,367 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Bees in the bee box won't calm down

★★ Pro

Make a floral arrangement with the crocus scent. I've noticed if I have one already placed and treat the mites, if I go into build/buy mode and pop out they reset back to calm because of the flowers. I have a "Crocus Scented Bluebells" up on the gallery. Just search "Scented" and it'll show up. To be honest I just keep plopping that one down from my library every time my flowers wilt. I hide them behind the bee box so they are right against each other and they don't get in the way at all. Enjoy!

Message 2 of 17 (8,924 Views)

★ Apprentice

Experiencing same issues along with the reported gardening bugs after June patch and installing eco pack. Bees are always irritated and need mite treatment constantly.

Message 3 of 17 (8,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Mine aren't constantly angry, mostly just irritated is the worst they get, but it seems like they need the mite treatment a lot more than before.

ETA: Mine don't stop producing honey or wax, but I do the mite treatment at least once a Sim day, sometimes twice.

Message 4 of 17 (8,895 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@manzana0807 I noticed this too. They were calm maybe once in a sim week, then spent the rest going between enraged and irritated.
Message 5 of 17 (8,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

okay, same here. i was not sure if this is normal or not as i thought i do a mistake with the bees myself but interesting you talk about this now. got you a 'me too'

Message 6 of 17 (8,877 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My bees get very angry but there is not option to treat mites until a full Sim day after they get angry I have to deal with angry bees and no way to fix them. I understand about the flowers, but is it intentional to make us learnt he flower arranging skill? My Sim doesn't have time to learn that skill with all the other Skills he's learning for eco and handy and cooking and such.

Message 7 of 17 (8,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah, my bee boxes are angry all the time. My sim who has a full relationship bar with them gets stung any time she treats them, which is very often since Eco Lifestyle.

PS4

EXPANSION: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Message 8 of 17 (8,786 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm seeing the same behaviour with bee emotion

I have full relationship bar and they are always either irritated or angry.   It takes multiple Bond with Bees actions to get them back down to calm (if at all sometimes they won't stay go lower than irritated).

I've even included Bonding with my Sims daily gardening routine, so the bonding is happening once at least every 24 hours, and yet I still have angry bees.

Message 9 of 17 (8,657 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Bees in the bee box won't calm down

★★★★ Expert

It's gotten a lot worse with the updates. Not sure which one, but now they're always Angry in the mornings, takes treat mites to get it to Irritated, then at least 5-8 times bonding to get them back to calm. Takes an hour out of each sim day to do this EVERY morning. And even calm they're always getting bitten, which always gives them hours worth of debuffs.

It's too much work now. I don't even use the Bee Box any more because of this.

Every update/patch breaks something new. Far more things get broken with the updates than they FIX.  I keep making mods to fix these things, but I can't keep up. There's far too much broken now. The ENTIRE ECO pack is broken. The whole thing! It's getting so it's not worth it any more.

I'm not even sure I'm going to keep playing any more.

Message 10 of 17 (8,609 Views)