[NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

by UneSimmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★★★ Novice

I didn't have this issue until I install the new high school pack and the 2 updates resulting from that. I'm on Key Point in Sulani and once grown the plant/trees might have harvestables for 1 or 2 mornings. Then nothing. It doesn't show that it has any fruit. Then if I go to another lot everything reverts to dirt piles and never grows again. 

Message 81 of 103 (1,535 Views)

Re: Plants not producing harvestables on retail lot

★★ Apprentice

Having this problem too. Just recently updated my game and on top of the washing hands issue which I already reported in the other topic tab for it, all plants on my lot and the wild plants won't blossom. I'm playing in Willow Creek in the Sage Estate Neighbourhood. 

Message 82 of 103 (1,512 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

★★★ Novice

This worked to me.

Message 83 of 103 (1,493 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry to respond to a post that is years old but Google brought me here. 

Issue: all plants but one not producing harvestables.

Currently making a perfect quality garden, sheltered.

2 sims, 1 gardening, 1 selling produce at street table.

Issue started after my Sim obtained and planted UFO plant. 

All plants in garden immediately ceased producing fruit except the UFO plant .

I'm hesitant on leaving the lot due to the long standing bug that wipes out the plants on the lot.

HOWEVER... for the sake of troubleshooting I'll do that now...

Oh I'm good! Totally called that one!

Garden is wiped out. I knew it would happen but you know... take all steps and what not.  

Day 1: no growth in garden, perfect dirt piles.

Day 2: still no growth, piles of dirt. 

Day 3: dirt piles

Day 4: dirt piles 

Day 5: weed growth on dirt piles.

Sim was able to use weed command and weed the plants from a distance without actually standing in front of plants. Sim was tending the street store table on the sidewalk outside of the build area. 

So 1 bug led to another bug led to another bug.

I'm cursed, I am doomed to obtain defective product while enjoying all the mishaps it has to offer. I can't buy something that works properly, it's always broken. 

Not one single play through of this game have I enjoyed a flawless experience. 

I'm an optimistic person, however I'm not holding my breath waiting on a fix anytime soon. 

Message 84 of 103 (1,447 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 85 of 103 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Guide
I've been having this issue in my current save (doing a challenge with 1 sim). After about a week with no harvest (except 1 lily that had flowers every day), plants suddenly started producing again.

I don't have an unmodded save to share, with the issue still ongoing. Will pay attention to see if it comes back.
Message 86 of 103 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In my experience, it seems to be related to the plants reverting to just planted bug that is plaguing everyone.

Sometimes, the plant reverts, but not all the way to just planted. Your plants may revert to mature, and often get stuck at that stage. I got some mushrooms that got stuck for about 20 Sim days...

It may affect just one, only a few or most/all of them.

Higher quality plants seems to be more susceptible.

With testingcheats on, if you shift-click a plant that you know should be blooming and you don't see «Spawn fruits **debug**», that mean a partial reversion to mature, and high probability that the plant growth stage is frozen as mature.

Message 87 of 103 (1,280 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruKuxiku I still have this issue. No mods installed.
Message 88 of 103 (1,209 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Started this year, a few weeks ago. Remained unchanged after reloading lot. 
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every exp except snowy escape, including HS years. Every Game Pack except Vamps and Strangerville, Werewolves, Wedding Story, and Batu. Tiny Living Laundry, Vintage Glamour, Toddlers, Kids stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, and Perfect Patio stuff packs. Desert Oasis kit and everyday clutter kit. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a garden of plants that were grown to the fruiting stage and observe the trees and their lack of fruit vs. the shrubs/flowers that produce new fruit every Sim morning (4am-6am). Had an apple tree, grapes, basil, parsley, sage, green peas, green peppers, and taro root all producing fruit, with varying stages of evolution and maturity. Suddenly after leaving lot for a social travel instance within Britechester, all plants had reverted to soil patches and could not bear fruit or grow. 3 sims living on lot. Plants were partially sheltered, in a vertical planter and the rest were on large soil plots outside. One sim had Freelance Botanist aspiration. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Trees do not produce fruit.
What do you expect to see? Fruits and plants to continue to grow as intended. This is clearly not the normal pattern of gameplay. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Once long ago, they were removed or disabled long before this bug occurred. 

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I can tell. I've played with gardening ever since I purchased Cottage Living not long after it was released. This is my first instance with this bug. 

I was able to work around it using the TestingCheats True cheat and shift right-clicking each plant and setting the growth stage back to blossoming. Those which weren't supposed to be in season eventually reverted back ot the proper dormant stage, but this was the most helpful fix I could find. I just want the mods to know this is still happening. 

Message 89 of 103 (1,200 Views)

★ Novice

This is still happening. I'm trying to grow plasma fruit, garlic and more and none of them will make harvestable which is really disrupting the game play.

Message 90 of 103 (1,168 Views)