by UneSimmer

Original Post

Re: Plants not able to be harvested sims 4

★★★ Newbie

They never become harvestable

Message 51 of 103 (2,001 Views)

Hero
@SaraphVane Merged your post with the thread on that then.

Could you send to save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-are-no-longer-producing-harvestables/m-p/10...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 103 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

With all due respect, we shouldn't have to rely on changing to another lot and coming back to fix this. Enough people have complained about it, and it would actually help if The Sims team at least acknowledged they were looking into this.

Message 53 of 103 (1,974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

★★ Novice
@Psychotps I've used this mod but it didn't work with me for some reason. When it was time to go to the shift, I got no option to join my sim, which basically defeated the whole purpose. I'm finally done with the scientist career now so I don't have to worry about it now at least!
Message 54 of 103 (1,916 Views)

Plants won't produce harvestables

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By planting anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? I plant seeds, the plant grows and evolves but does not produce any harvestables even after several Sim days.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to harvest my plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim is at 10 for Gardening skill, I have tried several new games, I have no cheats on, no CC, no mods. The plants reach full maturity and never produce a harvestable. I have the most up to date version of the game, all expansions/stuff packs/game packs/kits possible. My plants are all in a greenhouse, fully fertilized as well.

Message 55 of 103 (1,807 Views)

★ Guide
@UneSimmer This morning I was setting my Sim to go 'harvest all', and before she got across the room, while I was looking right at them, all my trees and half my crops devolved into seedlings. I'm finding this to be incredibly infuiating to be honest.
Message 56 of 103 (1,736 Views)

★ Guide
@chaoticpoetic That's an odd suggestion to 'fix' this problem, as I find that my crops and trees grow fairly normally as long as my Sims DON'T leave the lot. Strange. But you're right, we should not have to deal with a massive bug like this (gardening is a HUGE part of gameplay, after all.
Message 57 of 103 (1,734 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★ Novice

This actually worked for me

Message 58 of 103 (1,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Similar issues, but only partially. Some of the trees and plants produce harvestables normally, some never do. All of them grow normally, 'n although I haven't paid attention to if the weird plants get weeds or bugs, I know at least some of the garden does. Some of them do suffer from 'sometimes turning back to a pile' thing, I think related to weeding and or bug-spraying. Only season-fitting plants are outside, the others are sheltered in a greenhouse.

Plants that don't produce harvestables are: daisy, snapdragon, tulip, orchid, chrysanthemum, lily, bird of paradise, rose.

Plants that are producing harvestables normally are. basil, tomato, potato, grape, catnip, garlic, mushroom, sage, parsley, taro, kava, pineapple, green pea, growfruit, avocado, lemon, forbidden fruit, green bean, bluebell, christmas rose.

My sim is a gardener in the flower arrangement branch, so the lack of flowers is a bit of frustrating. I also can't help but notice that of all the flowers there's growing right now, only bluebell and christmas rose actually work. 

This household is a bit of a mix when it comes to plant origins, both sims were played sims before moving in together, and had already plants grown from long ago in house inventory, also various harvestables that were planted now in their sim inventories. ...I should probably test a bit about buying fresh ones and planting them now and see what happens.

Edit: I have all the packs and kits, the save is ancient. Also, my sims travel out of the lot and back regularly, 'cause the other sim is a politician, so regular trips to San Myshuno.

Edit 2: Holly that I got from seasonal seed pack seems to be functioning normally. Also Flower Bunny came over and I planted the snapdragon left behind, and that one is working fine. Which more or less proves that the plants themselves don't matter, but probably something along the lines of when you got them, or if they were already planted a long time ago, possibly even moving in together with someone else while having plants, no idea. But at least I know that for my problem it might simply be that I need to get the seeds fresh right now and they'll probably work out fine. If they won't, I'll add info.

Message 59 of 103 (1,544 Views)

Can't harvest plants!!!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, moshino stuff, toddler stuff, bowling night, vintage glamour and cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant something.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tend to plants once, then nothing. They plants grow to full blossom, but never progress into flowers, etc. I can't harvest anything.
What do you expect to see? Flowers, plants, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have any mods etc. I also don't have seasons so this can't be the issue. It's getting very frustrating now as someone who enjoys that aspect of the game. 

Message 60 of 103 (1,556 Views)