[NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

by UneSimmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

EA Sims Team

Hello @Kathykins@Kualinar@ScreenName000001@Ad0nya,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

Message 91 of 103 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Workaround :

Use the Ctrl+Shift+C combo to open the «cheat» box.

Type «testingcheat on». (there is a mod that ensure that testingcheats is always on)

Chift+click the affected plants and chose «Gardening state» then «Growth stage»

Chose «Blooming»

Repeat for all problematic plant.

If you do not see «Spawn fruits» or «Generate fruits» when shift clicking a plant, you know that your plant have reverted to mature from blooming. It may get stuck at that stage.

Message 92 of 103 (1,227 Views)

★ Guide

I just began having this issue as of today, out of the blue. Yesterday, my trees produced fruit. Today, nothing.

Message 93 of 103 (1,091 Views)

Most plants won't produce harvestables, research does not appear in notebook

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Growing Together, Bathroom Clutter, Simtimates Collection, Everyday Clutter, and Pastel Pop
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See if plants produce harvestables once mature. Research plant and see if it entries to the notebook.
What happens when the bug occurs? Valerian, mandrake, trash plant, wolfsbane, garlic, emotionberry trees, and oversized crops still produce, but all other plants do not. They can still be evolved, watered, and weeds still grow. When researching a plant, no entry appears in the notebook. Restarting the game did not resolve the issue, nor did restarting the computer. Starting a new game did not resolve the issue. This was not a problem the last time I played, in August/September of 2022.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to harvest my plants without issue, especially since a lot of things in Cottage Living are heavily dependent upon it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All details listed above.

Message 94 of 103 (1,065 Views)

Re: Most plants won't produce harvestables, research does not appear in notebook

Hero
@tygor_tora I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Please send your save game to SimsDirect as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-are-no-longer-producing-harvestables/m-p/12...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 103 (1,025 Views)

Re: Most plants won't produce harvestables, research does not appear in notebook

★ Guide

I have 2 properties still having this issue.

Message 96 of 103 (983 Views)

★ Guide

I have been experiencing this as well. I find that moving them into my hh inventory and then back into the garden solves the issue temporarily. However it is time consuming and I usually only do it when I want to harvest. 

Message 97 of 103 (963 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @tygor_tora @Shebalba64205 @Illandrya,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 98 of 103 (838 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★★★★★ Newbie

Im still having problems with this 3 years later.

Ill load up my game and my plants will have produced harvest. However, as soon as the next day comes around, they go back to not producing again. 

I'm also having a bug with the weed area option, where my sim will try to weed an area but they don't disappear. Therefore, she gets stuck in this loop of trying to weed the same plants over and over again. I've tried to cheat the weeds away but they comeback almost instantly.

It's very frustrating as my garden is my main source of simoleons.

Message 99 of 103 (453 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★ Apprentice

I'm still having issues too - I thought that this had been fixed in one of the recent patches, but am still having problems. It's not consistent either, even on the same lot.

I loaded in to a lot at 6am on day 10 of summer and played it for 2 Sim days to 6am on day 12 of summer. Nothing was ready to harvest at 5am on day 11 of summer, and then at 5am on day 12 of summer I could harvest from the plants but not the trees that were in season. I play rotationally with 2 days per lot, so it makes it really difficult to play with the households that are relying on produce for their income. I had been having issues with the plants/trees reverting to dirt piles, but both the lemon and banana tree were in season and fully grown when I loaded the lot.

I've also encountered the issue described by the post above mine, where my sim tried to weed one of the big patches from Cottage Living and got stuck in a loop.

Message 100 of 103 (395 Views)