[NEEDS SAVES] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases

by filipomel

Original Post

Re: Child and Teen phases will not go away

★★★ Pro

traits.remove_trait ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_E remember to use testing cheats true first.

Message 61 of 74 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I beg to differ, however the trait is completely useless as a child or teen even if they keep the trait all the actions are tied to child and teens.  This is extremely rare and you will have to have a sim that has a birthday when they are going through a phase.  However, it does go away during adult.

Edit: I didn't see the other page of answers, anyways some temporary childhood traits are also teen traits.  Here is a list from what I can remember:

Bear trait: (children).  To make that moodlet go away wear a bear costume.

Picky Eater Trait: (children, and Teen).  To make it go away eat something they want usually unhealthy.

Wear Black: Teen Trait to replace Bear Trait from Children of course teens with childish trait can still get the Bear trait.

There are more but I can't remember.

Message 62 of 74 (700 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What about the distant one? If I remove them will they be able to gain new phases normally? 

Message 63 of 74 (699 Views)

Champion
@xpinksims the cheat to remove distant phase should be traits.remove_trait ChildhoodPhase_Distant but I heard that using cheats on console will invalidate achievements, so that could be something you need to think about.

According to people who tried that cheat to remove the stuck trait, the sims were able to gain new phases normally.
Message 64 of 74 (692 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah that’s probably what I’ll have to do if it can’t be fixed any other way.. I don’t use cheats because I like getting achievements but looks like I don’t have a choice 

Message 65 of 74 (674 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases on rotational play

★★★★ Apprentice

Those of us on console cannot share saves. I’m not sure if this a console issue , a PC issue or both. I play on Xbox and this is happening to me

Message 66 of 74 (655 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases on rotational play

★★★ Guide
@TwinGoddessLA This is getting annoying in my game - phases are supposed to be short lived!! If we could remove them with a potion (available via rewards) that would be awesome
Message 67 of 74 (627 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve removed both phases.. but now my teenager has the same phase again.. Unannounced. It’s supposed to give you a notification that they’re entering the phase, but that doesn’t happen. This bug has entirely broken the phases system. There is no way to send console save files, so I don’t know how EA would ever be aware of this issue, because as others have said, it doesn’t happen on PC

Message 68 of 74 (601 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Rachelharris31 Thank you!!!
Message 69 of 74 (590 Views)

★★★ Pro

@AcaciaCEJ No problem.

Message 70 of 74 (585 Views)