[NEEDS SAVES] Offsprings Human/Occult always result in Occults

by mengzhu123

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Offsprings Human/Occult always result in Occults

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a mermaid and a human couple, get them married and have kids, and find out that no matter how many kids you have, the kids are all mermaids and no humans
What happens when the bug occurs? Create a mermaid and a human couple, get them married and have kids, and find out that no matter how many kids you have, the kids are all mermaids and no humans
What do you expect to see? Chances are the kid's a human or a mermaid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's always been that way

It is hoped that this problem can be solved as soon as possible

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 29 (4,946 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires born to human sims with no vampire elements invol

★★★ Apprentice

Seems like my issue is similar, I am playing a family of human father (Johnny Zest) and a vampire mother (I created her as a human and she was turned before marrying Johnny Zest). So up to now they have 7 children and ALL of them are vampires... I really would have thought it should be 50/50 with human and vampire having a baby. But 7 vampires out of 7 kids and no human makes me think there must be a bug preventing vampires having human babies. I am really disappointed cause I really want that family to be diverse. I know I can use cheats, but that is just not how I want it to be. So, I do not know if it is a bug or if it is by design, but I would like it to change nonetheless.

Message 1 of 29 (4,984 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires born to human sims with no vampire elements invol

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moving this over to the bad randomizer thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,978 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The other problem I have here is that mermaids and humans get married and have children, and all of the children are Mermaids, and none of the children are human

Message 3 of 29 (4,911 Views)

Vampire children probability

★★★ Novice

Long story short: I'm playing a Legacy game where the goal is to have the vampire and non-vampire members of the same lineage at odds with each other. Problem is that all the children are born vampires (well, they become vampires as teens, you know the drill.) I can't have a feud with mortals without the mortals.

So far there have been 11 babies born in my playthrough - all are vampires. These babies were born to several different couples. Note: all the couples had one parent who was a vampire and the other one was always a human. I read online that the probability of a vampire-human offspring being a vampire is 50/50, so in the name of mathematics all is possible, but 11 out of 11? Is there something wrong with my game or is it just super bad luck. I also know there's a lot trait that can influence the outcome, but I don't have it on any of my active lots.

Of course I can cheat some of the offspring to be regular humans, but I wanted it to happen organically. Now I "get to" choose who are one which side, and it's not nearly as fun as being surprised... (I also always randomize things like traits so that they feel more like individuals and so that I can't plan their whole life at birth.)

Message 5 of 29 (4,913 Views)

Re: Vampire children probability

Hero (Retired)

@Info-Broker-Guy  I also have super bad luck with all vampire offspring. Mine are also always male vampires. Every single time. I had a first gen of 4 vampires, one was female, second gen both children were male and both vampires. 

Different save 5 generations were male vampires, I finally cured the fifth gen so they were human afterwards. 

I've understood it's a 50/50 but boy it sure didn't feel like it to me either. 

Message 6 of 29 (4,891 Views)

Hero
@Info-Broker-Guy I merged your post with the bug report on this. There does seem something off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (4,826 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I can't confirm this for wizards. My mixed couple just had twins and they are both human.
Message 8 of 29 (4,804 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict it sure does... just curious, has someone tested what is the case when a mermaid and a vampire have multiple children?

Because so far we know that it seems like:
mermaid + human = 100% mermaid, 0% human

vampire + human = 100% vampire, 0% human

So I am curious if the desired 50/50 chance is at least working when having the two occults have a child.

I will test this for sure when I have the time and let you know, but it might be in summer because right now I cannot. So I am just floating the idea here in case someone had already tested it or has the time and will to do so Standard smile

Message 9 of 29 (4,732 Views)

Mermaid + human babies, are always born mermaids. genetic is not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? nearly all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? having babies from human and mermaids.
What happens when the bug occurs? every time a human and a mermaid have babies, the result is always a mermaid no matter what. the 50% chance, doesn't seem to be working.
What do you expect to see? when human and mermaid have babies, 50% of being born a human and 50% being born a mermaid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. since island living

Hello guys!. So I've noticed a problem with my occult genetics. every time a human and a mermaid in my game have babies, the result is always a mermaid, it doesn't seem to be working the 50%,50% chance of being the life state of one of them.( human or mermaid)  

I've noticed this in different generations, ( not the same family) and 10/10 babies have been born mermaid.  I was wondering if someone has actually had human babies from this cross, to see if its a problem of my own game. or if its supposed to be like this, in the sense that if, one of the parents is a mermaid, the result will always be a mermaid. 

( i haven't tried with other occults such as vampires or witches, so I don't know if the same would happen). 

Thankyou

Message 10 of 29 (4,663 Views)