Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Neighbourhood stories phone calls not having intended affect

by TheSimsDirect

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Also having this issue. No NPC sims gain any relationships outside their households. Even if you advice them to go for a date or hang out with another sim and then receive the calls that the sims are now dating or that they're now close friends, no relationship between the two sims actually exist.

Here's my save to investigate the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15yRXUGvcYx7TTIqcz7A14qQ45TVTt4kk/view?usp=drive_link

Really hope something will be done about it!

Message 11 of 19 (442 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheDarkRising101 Same. These calls seem completely meaningless 😣
Message 12 of 19 (385 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm not entirely sure but I have the suspicion that this might be a result of the game's relationship culling.

I once (long time ago) looked up the relationships after an NPC called me and I'm pretty sure I saw a tiny romance bar. But the game is very rigorous with relationship culling especially for NPCs (that's also a big problem in GT clubs imo) so it's quite possible that relationships like these might get deleted.

The only time I actually was able to trigger a changed relationship status was when I used the "hook up" interaction on a Sim in my own household (it was mainly for story purposes). These Sims actually starting dating and where boyfriend and girlfriend afterwards.

It's really sad. I wish this interaction was more meaningful (and that they'd only call for Sims that my Sim actually knows and can have an opinion about).

Message 13 of 19 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@flauschtrud @lucombre

Hello!

We would like to collect more saves.

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 14 of 19 (322 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don’t think it’s an issue with culling because I experience the same thing and within the Sim world, the time span where it happens is so short, within a few days, that nothing should be culled off at that point. I’m on console with this issue. 

Message 15 of 19 (293 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is still an issue and hasn't been added to the list of complied issues, from what I have seen. Sims will get phone calls about developing friendships and relationships but then after they "had a great time" or "had a great date", if I go to play that player that just had that great experience, the person is not even on their friend/relationship panel. So this is still not working.

I am on console. I am also not able to create a save because this would be quite a long recording from the time I get the first phone call, to the confirming phone call, to switching over to play the other person. This can likely be mimicked, however.

Message 16 of 19 (164 Views)

Hero

Bild_2024-02-26_094651893.png

It's on the list :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (149 Views)

EA Sims Team
@MzMelonz

Hello!

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share a video of the bug?

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!
Message 18 of 19 (142 Views)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Reposting this from the simsDirect account so that if any of you are still experiencing this and willing to help with a save file can reach out to this account.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 19 of 19 (735 Views)