by sirdayne

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Money Trees reset to dirt piles

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except High School Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a save with grown money trees that was saved before the 1.90.358.1030 update
What happens when the bug occurs? Money Trees reverted to default dirt pile state with weeds on them. Issue only occurred to money trees. Tomato plant unaffected.
What do you expect to see? My money trees were fully grown! Now I have to wait for them to regrow!! Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90.358.1030 update released on 7/26/2022

All my money trees reset to ungrown state and had weeds on them. They were fully grown before today's update. Disappointed

Money Trees reverted to default dirt pile state with weeds on them.

Issue only occurred to money trees. Tomato plant unaffected.

They are regrowing slowly.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 14 (4,775 Views)

Re: Money Trees reset with latest update.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Is the money tree the only plant that reverted ? There's a few threads on plants reverting to dirt piles.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (4,738 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict OP updated
Message 3 of 14 (4,719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm encountering further issues with money trees. They fully grew again and I was able to harvest once more. However, when the season turned shortly after Fall/ during Winter, they were back to dirt pile state. This is supposed to be a year-round plant.

Message 4 of 14 (4,695 Views)

★★★ Novice

having this issue as well mate, get one harvest after planting then it returns to dirt

Message 5 of 14 (4,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is anyone still seeing Money trees reverting after today's patch ?

Would be good to know if this is fixed as well or not.

EDIT: This thread has now been locked. If you still have (only) money trees reverting to dirt piles, please post in this thread with your information: [CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles

Your post will then be moved to the correct thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,963 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles

★★★★ Expert

Splitting out the money tree part of my post:

We used Floralalial on our outdoor money trees and they both reset to dirt piles. The plants in the greenhouse were fine, even with the same spell.

Message 7 of 14 (2,837 Views)

Money trees reverting to Dirt Piles

★★ Novice

• Which packs do you own (if you have a lot, please list the ones you don't own)  All EPs and stuff pack up to and including Cottage Living
  • Please describe in details what you did when they reverted (tend to them, travel, reload the game, ..)  Did not see them revert, but noticed when the new roommate was spraying one that it had reverted.  
  • Have you ever used mods/cc on this save ? MCCC, downloaded yesterday, no other mods or CC.
  • Do you have any kind of gardening help (Bee Box, Rabbits, Birds, ..) Roommate only.
  • Do you have the great soil lot trait ? No
  • Do you have the issue with all plants or just plants in planters ? So far only with money trees that are in the ground.  Trees are not in planters.  Other plants are in boxes.
  • Was it a specific plant that reverted (Cow Plant, Money Tree, ..) or just random ?  All 4 money trees reverted 
  • Do you have any other gardening issues ? Not yet.
  • What are your seasons settings (length) ? 7, nearing the end of fall
  • Anything else that comes to mind. Shift click doesn't give me the menu to select growth state. No other trees  or plants reverted.  I moved houses less than a week ago in game time, and fertilized only the money trees before moving.  I have a screenshot of the roommate spraying the missing tree and can upload a save file if needed.

Message 8 of 14 (2,434 Views)

Re: Money trees reverting to Dirt Piles

Hero
@Dierdre Thanks. Moved your post to the money tree one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (2,406 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict my money trees grow normally, then I use fertiliser, then I get to harvest them, they generate more money, I harvest without any issue, then suddenly, usually after fertiliser, they all revert to dirt, then a few days later they go from dirt to full trees, without the other growing stages. Very weird. All my money trees are indoor (in my office)
Message 10 of 14 (2,362 Views)