by moxhollow

Original Post

[OPEN] [MWS] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a vacation to the Rental Lot in the new world while having an active scheduled maid subscription. That Rental Lot has a Just A Spot of Tea, Tea Set. 
What happens when the bug occurs? If your Sims are on another lot (such as the Wedding Venue), the maid gets rid of the tea set. It's nowhere to be found.
What do you expect to see? Maybe clean it, otherwise leave it alone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Getting the Wedding pack

Edit By Crinrict: Filled in template that probably wasn't showing to fill out info from the post itself. Adjusted title to make more general

Message 1 of 33 (9,510 Views)

My Wedding Stories Tea Sets disappear completely

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Oasis Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household and put a tea set somewhere in the house. Use it to serve tea at least once and then rotate away from the household or have Sims travel to other locations or go on vacation. The tea set will completely disappear sometimes (not every time) upon returning to the household lot. It also happens with tea sets placed on community lots Use the tea set to serve tea on the community lot and then have the sims return home. Return to the lot each day, after a few visits, sometimes just 1, the tea set will disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tea sets from MWS pack eventually disappear.
What do you expect to see? ...the tea sets not disappearing...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Well, I mean the tea sets weren't in the game until the most recent patch and game pack...

Originally I thought this bug only was happening if I left the lot with the tea set needing to be cleaned, but I can now confirm it even happens when the tea set is in the state waiting to be steeped or even if it has never been used.

Edit: Some additional information, I have a little more understanding as to why they are disappearing. After modding the tea set with the simple change of letting it be put into a Sim's personal inventory (my short term solution to keep them from vanishing) I found that the sim gets the option to "Clean out spoiled food" after the tea set has been around for a while. Choosing that option turns the tea set into a pile of dirty dishes, just like if it were spoiled food.

So, basically, the problem is that the tea set itself spoils, even if it has never been used. It's not set up with a tooltip to show a spoil timer on mouseover though, so we don't see that it is happening. 

Message 2 of 33 (9,417 Views)

Re: Maid cleans up the 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set on vacation

★★★ Apprentice

I have a similiar issue with the tea sets just disappearing when my sims leave a lot.   It has happened to tea sets on community lots, tea sets on residential lots and tea sets in an apartment in San Myshuno.  Originally I thought it might be only happening when I left the tea set in the state where it needs to be cleaned but I have since had it also happen when it has already been cleaned.

I made a new bug report here but I suspect it is the same bug as this report had, and it's not actually related to vacations or maids.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-Wedding-Stories-Tea-Sets-disappear-completely/m-p/11335891#...

Message 3 of 33 (9,409 Views)

Re: Maid cleans up the 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set on vacation

Hero
@JaggidEdje I merged your thread. Adjusted the title of the thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (9,376 Views)

Re: [MWS] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears

★★★★ Guide

I've had this issue happen with a brand new, unused tea set, as well as tea sets that have been used.  When your sim leaves the lot and comes back, the tea set is gone.

Message 5 of 33 (9,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just had it happen today with a brand new tea set myself.   I bought yet another one (3rd one for that particular household), and then left the lot with my controlled sims to work at the retail store.  It didn't disappear the first day when I did this, but it was gone upon returning home the 2nd time.

Message 6 of 33 (9,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone encountering this issue without mods or custom content installed - would you be willing to share affected saves?  It may be helpful to share a save from both before and after the issue occurs.

Instructions on how to share saves are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Update: The team no longer needs affected save files for this issue and will be investigating.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 33 (8,887 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MWS] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears

★ Apprentice

I’ve also noticed that my Sims look like they smell something bad when they are in the room with the tea set even if it’s clean. Even if it’s new and never been used. 

Message 8 of 33 (8,721 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MWS] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears

Hero
@SimmerJaime80 Please create a separate thread for this. This thread is about the tea set disappearing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (8,653 Views)

Re: My Wedding Stories Tea Sets disappear completely

★★★ Apprentice

I have some additional info on this problem that I think is relevant.

If I use the tea set frequently, it doesn't seem to disappear. It only disappears if I go a day or two without using it.
Could just be coincidence, but at this point it's pattern that was worth mentioning.

Message 10 of 33 (8,525 Views)