Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Washing machine only shows upgrade

by cadorno12

Original Post

Re: [LDSP] Washing machine only shows upgrade

★★★ Novice

In my case the washing machine, dryers and hampers are only working in willow creek and oasis springs. In any other world it does not work and I only have the option to upgrade them. Clothes just don't seem to get dirty or to end up in the hamper. I have tried solving the bug myself, but it has not worked. I still have the same problem in a new save file and even on my new laptop where everything is up to date. Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this?

Message 31 of 38 (697 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to report this is still occurring - bought brand new washer and dryer for a family that has not had them before, partly upgraded them both and now they've stopped working.  When I click on them they only have the option to Upgrade them, however all upgrade options are greyed out and say they can't be upgraded as there is laundry in them, except there isn't!  If I click on the laundry baskets it says I have no washer or dryer available.  My household does have a Butler who was doing the laundry - I don't know if that's related as I've heard Butler's can be glitchy? 

I've tried resetting both machines, adding them to my household inventory and then putting them back in the home, and deleting them and then undoing the deletion but nothing has worked.  It's super frustrating as I love the realism of having laundry to do.  

I know the obvious answer is to just replace them but I'd prefer a fix!

Message 32 of 38 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does deleting and rebuying or putting it in inventory and taking it out fix it (even temporarily) for you? In my case, no matter what I do, the washer and dryer are not useable. When I click on piles of laundry, the washing and drying options are greyed out. When I select the washer, it only says upgrade. Nothing I do allows me to have a working washer or dryer and I’m annoyed. Help.  

Message 33 of 38 (544 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@sepultrac I was having this problem and I found that if I add a laundry tub to the lot, it suddenly allowed me to use the washing machine (giving the choice of wash tub or washing machine). It's still a super annoying bug, but if this is the only way around it then it's fine
Message 34 of 38 (449 Views)

★ Guide

still an active bug.

ver 1.103.315.1020

all DLC, no mods PC.

Message 35 of 38 (346 Views)

EA Sims Team
@Applecorn80

Hello!

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!
Message 36 of 38 (318 Views)

★ Guide

@TheSimsDirect 

sry missed this response.  also been slow to play recently, as affixed onto other games.  i think i 'fixed' via purchase of another washing/drying machine, so i don't have the issue on current save.  bt if comes again i'll send the info, yes.

Message 37 of 38 (221 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this issue with CC washer and dryer today. I did sell the pair and bought a new washer and dryer. It happened again. Rinse and repeated 3 times. The final try, I moved anything on them like decor etc. or  above them like a low placed shelf. I move these items then, sold pair and tried again. This fixed my issue. Hopefully this works for you.  Here's hoping it does... Standard smile

Message 38 of 38 (149 Views)