by jezzabella2313

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Turtle Hatching, Event Not Happening

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The turtle hatching isn't happening. The notice pops up but the event doesn't occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? No turtle hatching starts
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the flags up and the baby turtles crawling on the sand into the sea. I did see the turtle hatching once when I got IL. I've since added packs and the turtle hatching doesn't happen now. Just a notice that's it's about to start but it never does. It seems common on the Sims Forums that hatching isn't happening for a lot of people.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, 

The turtle hatching event doesn't happen anymore. The event was working at one point but now never works. I only get a notice the hatching is starting, but it never does. I've gone through at least 3 cycles of the turtle hatching not happening. 

It makes me sad. 

Thanks!

Jezzabella2313

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 30 (9,717 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Turtle Hatching, Event Not Happening

★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to figure out what the problem was since a last exception broke my seagulls and turtles.

Probably not something you want to hear but loading up an older save from before the LE fixed this problem for me. Seagulls are back and the turtle hatching event is showing up with no problems. If you have a save from before the 19th of November I'd suggest you load to back then and see if the problem still shows up.

Message 2 of 30 (9,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play an older save as well from a few updates back and the turtle hatching event is fine for me. No issues so I would have to agree that an older save works.

Message 3 of 30 (9,486 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ringdingdong42 there are seagulls!?!?
Message 4 of 30 (9,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you 

Message 5 of 30 (9,144 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Turtle Hatching, Event Not Happening

★★★★ Apprentice

Welp. I think the turtles not doing their turtle hatching thing is because the island needs to be cleaned. One of my Sims started cleaning the island like crazy and then next time the notice about the hatching showed up, the turtles were back! The turtles are back! 

So it seems the turtle event won't happen if the island isn't clean.

Message 6 of 30 (8,761 Views)

★★★ Expert

@jezzabella2313 Just out of curiosity, was your Sim already on Mua Pel'am when you got the turtle-hatching notice? My Sim has a 2nd home in Mua Pel'am (via the Vet Clinic exploit) and if she is there when the notice pops up, then the event seems to happen just fine. If she is at her regular home in Brindleton Bay and travels to Mua Pel'am after the notice pops up then the event does not seem to occur (she gets the notice, travels to Mua Pel'am, but no baby turtles). These might have just been coincidences as I have not had enough of the event notices pop up to determine if that is a firm pattern.

Btw- I'm glad you got to see them, those baby turtles are adorable! :D

Message 7 of 30 (8,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

My island is all cleaned up and has been for ages, I’ve never seen the turtle hatching event Frown

Message 8 of 30 (7,925 Views)

island

★★★★ Novice

there are no festivals on my island pack for my sims 4, i got notification to go see the turtles hatch but when i went to the beach there was not festival. and on the island with the beach where the bar is there are never any festivals banners or anything. please help. 

Message 9 of 30 (7,567 Views)

Re: island

Hero
@ludivina6 Merging your post with the bug report on turtle hatch.

For the others, are you using mods/cc in your game at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (7,531 Views)