by Lumiasta

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] No Judge in Chess Science/Sports Fair

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Request for chess variant of the science fair, possibly be late for it (due to chess club lasting half an hour into the opening time), solve the chess puzzle, try to find the judge.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the chess science fair there was no judge, so she could not turn in her result, and there was no declaration of winners at all.
What do you expect to see? A functioning judge at chess science fair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim requested a chess science fair. I didn't realize that it would be automatically the next day, so the chess club practice stole half an hour from its opening, and then a bit more to travel there, so she wasn't there right from the start. She solved the chess problem and the game told her to go and submit her result to the judge, except there was no judge there. I waited all the way till the event despawned, but there was no judge. Also no declaration of any winners.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (11,695 Views)

Re: Strangeness in HSY Events (No Judge for Chess, Finchwick Fair Result for Spo

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lumiasta is the first one  it the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cheer-team-results-notification-appears-as-Finchwick-Fair/td-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (11,674 Views)

Re: Strangeness in HSY Events (No Judge for Chess, Finchwick Fair Result for Spo

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, High school years, kids room stuff, seasons, Spa day, spooky stuff, toddler stuff, vibing streamer gear digital content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to the cheer teams sports day event
What happens when the bug occurs? When clicking on the competition judge, there is no option available on the social menus to submit your score to the judge, after receiving notification of your sims score with a prompt for this action.
What do you expect to see? An option to submit your Sims score when you click on the competition judge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim attended the cheer team sports day, her team scored 200 and I got a notification to submit her score to the judge...the judge was there but no interaction on the social menu to submit the score Frown 

Message 3 of 21 (11,665 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Looks like it, yah. I'll add the applicable part in that thread, and edit this thread to be just about the missing judge.
Message 4 of 21 (11,639 Views)

Hero
@Lumiasta Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (11,632 Views)

Re: [HSY] No Judge in Chess Science Fair

★★ Guide

Another sim, another event. This time computer club's science fair. Was late for this one too because of the club gathering lasting half an hour over starting time, but this time the judge did appear. My sim was able to make the game and submit her contest entry just fine, but the judge never did any judging. Eventually the event ended and despawned and the game popped up the blue Finchwick Fair Competition Results notification.

Message 6 of 21 (11,486 Views)

After school cheerleading competition

★★★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except a few kits, MWS and Batu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When notification is received to go to the cheerleading competition travel. Performing either with a group or solo no judge has ever been present. Cannot submit scores. Cannot do group routine even though I’ve added sims to my group. Nothing works.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. All of the sims in the group leave and there is no judge present.
What do you expect to see? To be able to compete the function of the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ever since downloading the game on release day from my preorder.

This is so frustrating that a function of the game is unplayable. This should work. My sim is having the hardest time taking with friends because they are always leaving. No one stick around to have conversations or compete tasks. 

Message 7 of 21 (11,444 Views)

Re: [HSY] No Judge in Chess Science Fair

★★ Apprentice

i have this but with cheerleading Standard smile on ps4 

Message 8 of 21 (10,972 Views)

Re: [HSY] No Judge in Chess Science/Sports Fair

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 21 (9,926 Views)

Re: [HSY] No Judge in Chess Science/Sports Fair

★★ Guide

I had a judge on all of my events, but after my sim requested a science fair on their own, the school events after that did not have a judge 

Message 10 of 21 (9,901 Views)