Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Caree

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Caree

Champion
I don't remember them having "tourist" above their heads. Maybe people are just mis-remembering?

I took a peek at the game files and there's no "tourist" tag for display above heads that exists in Get to Work. There is one there for City Living, but that's for actual tourists and a "Jungle Tourist" version for Jungle Adventure.

When I had alien visitors to the lab, they were just obvious to me because I only had like 4 aliens at the time and met them all previously at an alien bar night.
Message 11 of 20 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have actually not seen any tags on CL tourists either but yeah, not sure if they had a tag or not.

Not seeing them on CL tourist was the main reason I suggested a thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (871 Views)

Champion
The City Living tourists aren't meant to have a tourist title, at least not according to the file for spawning them. But the English text translation for it exists if they ever wanted to use it - in the files for City Living.

Since there isn't one in the files for Get to Work I assume they never had a title above their heads before and people are misremembering.
Message 13 of 20 (866 Views)

Hero
Thought they had them in CL ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (857 Views)

Hero

OK. Looks like they never had them in CL either so, not an issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (836 Views)

EA Staff

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 20 (581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the tourist one on a day where there was thunder and got struck by lightning going to talk to him near the road. Also, the computer doesn’t even have a repair option, just replace.

Message 17 of 20 (531 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is the issue I'm having too, I can't "Repair" I can only "Replace" or "Transform" (if I'm holding the ray gun).

Message 18 of 20 (484 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @BallsDeep58314 @Sirromap 

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 20 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow this totally helped me! I just had the issue and never could find tourists! Why did I never think to go up by the road lol as soon as I scrolled over I saw Melvin Castillo running and froze him to complete my daily task 😂thank you!

Message 20 of 20 (305 Views)