by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim be in the scientist career and wait for an alien invasion/tourist day.
What happens when the bug occurs? No aliens/tourists or broken computers will spawn, rendering tasks involving them unable to be completed.
What do you expect to see? Aliens/tourists and broken computers should properly spawn on alien invasion/tourist days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Okay, so I encountered a nearly impossible day in the scientist career recently. It was an alien invasion/tourist day, but NO aliens/tourists spawned whatsoever. One of the tasks also called for fixing a broken computer, but NONE of the computers on the lot were broken or broke at all throughout the day. This rendered tasks involving "tourists" and the supposedly broken computer unable to be completed.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (3,406 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Career

Hero
Could you retest this after patch ?

@Lorraine-Simmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,299 Views)

Hero
Tagging @Lorraine-Simmer again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,284 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Unfortunately, I don't think I can test this again at the present time. I currently do not have a Sim in the scientist career and it took quite a while for me to get one of these types of active work days.

Message 4 of 20 (3,274 Views)

Hero
OK. THanks

Tagging this as needs input then to see if others experience the same still

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (3,268 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Caree

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

For me the alien invasion/tourist day worked yesterday but the "Tourist" above them in the name bubble is gone, was this removed?

Message 6 of 20 (3,210 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] No Tourists or Broken Computers Spawn in Scientist Caree

Hero
Seems weird that they would remove it, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (3,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm playing a scientist right now, I always find the tourist near a public BBQ if you go close of the road in the world of the science lab you will normally found a BBQ and some picnic table. Even if the sims is a "npc" or already in the world (ex. Bob Pancake, he is always there in my game grilling stuff) If I interact with them for a task exemple freezing a tourist, if I frooze Bob it validate the task, cause he is not a employe of the Lab even if he is not a Alien. So I don't know if is a bug, but in my gameplay it's how I manage to do it Standard smile

For the computer you can replace them by just cliking on them in life mode you won't get charge the fee for the replacement cause you are not at your home, it happen also with the chimie and other stuff that are use by the employe or by your sims to do the "job' 

The only thing you can't do the option replace it's the machine to create the invention, if you'r affraid to make your sims repair it, you can just replace it via de buy/build menu and using the code bb.showhiddenobjects it won't cost your sim the charge of the objects cause it's on a community lot. You may need to use the cheat testingcheats true before using the showhiddenobjects code, but I'm not sure you may need to test it Standard smile 

Hope it did help you a little bit <3 

Message 8 of 20 (3,175 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hm, in that case, I definitely think that a patch or pack might have broken tourists. A long time ago, you could immediately find tourists on these days. They would be fooling around right there in the facility! And yes, like @JochenWeiss said, I do think there used to be a bubble over their heads which specified them as tourists. I have no idea of knowing which patch or pack could have broken them, though.

Message 9 of 20 (3,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm guessing the missing tag issue is a separate issue and if someone could make a new thread for that, that would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,117 Views)