by kirsti191

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Makeup Artist/Stylist Doesn't Turn Up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work (with sim) as an actor/actress.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to the work as an actress but there's no employee at the All-in-One Styling Station.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to change the makeup or hair but she can't without an employee.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I saw this was opened a while back and someone claimed it had been fixed with a patch and to open a new thread. My Sims 4 is up to date and this is driving me crazy. 

Please help

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, moved to bug forum

Message 1 of 21 (5,138 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous - Makeup Artist Doesn't Turn Up

★★★★ Expert

I've only had this happen once, in a household with two actors on the second gig of the day. I fear that I ended up clearing it with UI cheats.

Message 2 of 21 (5,077 Views)

Hero

@kirsti191 

I have had the makeup artist leave after getting to the studio.  The makeup artist spawned with all the other sims at the usual spawn point, went to the makeup chair and then ran to the studio gate and left (disappeared).  I was stuck for a while since I couldn't complete the task.  But, at least, she did eventually come back but spawned outside the gate and had to make her way back to the chair.  It took long enough that I ran out of time and wasn't able to complete all the gig tasks so I didn't get gold that time.  It's happened twice with the makeup artist but the 2nd time she just ran to the gate and then came right back and I was able to complete all the gig tasks with a little time left over.  It's also happened the once with the wardrobe guy but he just ran to the gate and got back to his place in time so it wasn't a problem.  He didn't disappear.

My question for you is though, was the makeup artist on the lot when you traveled in or were they there and left on their own before you could get them to do makeup?

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 21 (5,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think they were there, I tried to click on hair and makeup chair straight away and it didn't have any options.

The stylist also wasn't there, but at the advice of one of these threads, I swapped to another sim then back and she was there.

This is his first acting gig, so unsure if this will keep being a problem.. 

Message 4 of 21 (5,044 Views)

Stylist missing - Acting Career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've played the acting career on previous saves and it's been perfectly fine but more recently the hair and make-up stylist is missing from set so my sim is unable to complete mandatory tasks in order to continue. Playing on xbox so I have no mods or cc installed.

Message 5 of 21 (4,176 Views)

Re: Stylist missing - Acting Career

Hero
@c56ad0e164c3be65 I merged your post with the bug report. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (4,140 Views)

Star Birth Interaction Error

★ Novice

Product: 심즈 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage Home Item Pack, Minimal Life Item Pack, Spa Day, Four Seasons Story, Pastel Pop Kit, Parenting Diary, Click Knitting Item Pack, Movie Day Item Pack, Moschino Eye Teap Pack, Little Camper Kit, Laundry Day Item Pack, Island Life, High School Life, Growing Together, All Play Together, Get to Work, Star Pack, Eating Out, Fun Day, Cotage, Kitchen Item Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you move to the filming site during the star birth play, it will not be a menu of makeup, change of clothes interaction options.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basic objects can interact, but star-born objects cannot interact.
What do you expect to see? When you press the star birth object, the option should come out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Star Birth and Island Life were purchased by EA.

Message 7 of 21 (3,453 Views)

Re: Star Birth Interaction Error

Hero
@vsimsv Is there a makeup artist/stylist on the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (3,429 Views)

★ Novice
@범죄 There is no makeup/stylist on site.
Message 9 of 21 (3,421 Views)

Hero
@vsimsv I've merged this with the existing report then.

The missing NPCs is the cause for the missing options.

Make sure to click me too on the first post :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (3,418 Views)