by MickRonson

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Fire anounced but there is no Fire on Lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? come back to a home in Forgotton Hollow or enter a game lot in Forgotten Hollow
What happens when the bug occurs? It announces a fire has started in the Lot but no fire is in the Lot
What do you expect to see? a fire somewherein the Lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle Pack and Game Update before this Pack.

I would expect to see a fire on the Lot but I cannot find one. No Sprinklers are activated and the Firemen just stand around outside the Lot until I send them away. I then get insurance money.

This has happened four times.

Kind regards James.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (20,577 Views)

Re: Fire anounced but there is no Fire on Lot

Hero
@MickRonson Theres this older thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/It-says-my-house-is-on-fire-but-I-can-t-see-any-flames/td-p/79...

Is that the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (20,519 Views)

★★ Guide

Similar yes but it does not leave any visible damage.

Kind regards James

Message 3 of 13 (20,514 Views)

Hero
@MickRonson Does it happen every time ? Like, can you replicate it happening when you try again ? You put 10-49% of the time it happening. Is that always in that house or also other ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (20,512 Views)

Hero
@MickRonson Tagging to see question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (20,473 Views)

★★ Guide

Just had another one near a Fireplace which had the fireguard update. The problem is you cannot see the flames. The Sprinkers activated.

Kind regards James

Message 6 of 13 (20,454 Views)

Hero
@MickRonson What graphics settings are you playing on ? If the sprinklers activate, it does seem like the game thinks there's a fire

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (20,437 Views)

★★ Guide

My Graphics settings are on the highest ultra settings because I have a new Gaming Computer. The last alert was nowhere near a fire or possible source of fire. It was just a desk with a chair for homework purposes. The Lots it has taken place on are as follows The Haunt, Utopia, Morte Mansion, Volkar Mansion. These are available under my name from the gallery.

Thanks and kind regards James.

Message 8 of 13 (20,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem.  Fire on lot, couldn't find it.  Could hear it, though, really loud.  Turns out it was up on my flat roof  Lightning hit built up dust apparently  No access for the firemen so they had just wandered around.  Luckily my sim was a mage and could Transportalate up there and extinguish it.  Long burn trails all over the roof.  Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 13 (15,429 Views)

EA Staff
@Darkstone1953

Hello!
If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (15,192 Views)