Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Unused Generator catches fire randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Following game packs: outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, parenthood, jungle adventures, strangerville Following stuff packs: Perfect patio, cool kitchen, movie hangout, romantic garden, vintage glamour, bowling night, fitness, laundry day, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Experiment with the generator that comes with eco lifestyle expansion.
What happens when the bug occurs? So, every 24 to 48 hours in game I have my generators OR the spot my generators were in catch on fire. At first they were running fine at one location on my roof, but I moved them to be on the other side after a few days of playing on the lot. That night they (2 of them) caught on fire. I figured I needed to upgrade generators or there was a chance of them catching on fire. So, I bought one new. Placed it in the same spot but did not use it at all. I wanted to upgrade it. about 2 nights later it catches on fire again. I get rid of it and put nothing in its place not wanting to worry about it right now. The very next night... a empty spot on my grass roof catches on fire where my generators once were. Spontaneous Combustion. There is nothing there... I put out the fire. Save game and quit - not wanting to play the cursed save file for a while.
What do you expect to see? I expect spontaneous combustion not to happen. I understand generators catching on fire. Even ones not being used....?! (still think that might be a bug too...), but empty roof should not just catch on fire. Seriously hoping fire fighters weren't added to game because of spontaneous combustion of grass roofs...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Unused Generator catches fire randomly

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, we would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,169 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Unused Generator catches fire randomly

★★★ Apprentice
Similar issue. The generator was struck by lightning and caught on fire. Put the fire out. I left the broken generator there. Approximately 12-14 sim hours later, it caught on fire again. I put out the fire and recycled the generator. Every 12-14 sim hours the spot where the generator used to be catches on fire again.
Message 2 of 12 (3,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Example in James Turner let's play video: https://youtu.be/2DfT_vxL_e0. 

Message 3 of 12 (3,380 Views)

★ Novice
@hallsigns Same problem here.
Message 4 of 12 (3,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought i was going insane. I had this happen to me the other night. So in my current game I have a little "utility" building out in the yard, where i have power and water generators. One night two of them caught on fire, put fire out and deleted the burnt ones. Didn't replace them as my sim didn't have enough money to. Then literally a few minutes later a fire started where the generators were, but there was nothing there. Like the OP states, the fires just started on nothing! kept putting them out but it kept starting back up. I saved the game, and quit. Repaired my game and played it the next day. I haven't had it happen since. So it makes me think that its some sort of bug that is only triggered once there is a fire, and stops after you quit the game/or repair? Just my thought from my experience.

Message 5 of 12 (3,331 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Unused Generator catches fire randomly

★ Novice

Hey guys,

i had this same problem and it fixed for me if I built over where the generator was. I know this isn’t a great fix for everyone but I made where my generator was into a small garden and it no longer catches fire. I haven’t tried placing another one down though, making do with solar panels and wind turbines to try and avoid spontaneous combustion as it was getting dangerous with 2 YAs, 2 toddlers and 2 dogs 😭

Message 6 of 12 (3,273 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Unused Generator catches fire randomly

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone experiencing this issue possibly share your save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 12 (3,168 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for sharing your experience and how you fixed it. Your fix worked for me.

I have also clicked 'Me Too' on the OP.

Message 8 of 12 (3,088 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. It has happened on many different Lots at regular intervals. I am also unable to see the flames.

Not satisfactory EA.

Kind regards James

Message 9 of 12 (3,044 Views)

★★ Guide

Any news on this problem. it is still happening.

Kind regards James

Message 10 of 12 (2,965 Views)