Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

by Cacti_Cactus_xo

Original Post

[FIXED] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, island living, realm of magic, vampires, strangerville, get together, cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, seasons, city living, jungle adventure, parenthood, tiny living, laundry day stuff, backyard stuff, movie hangout stuff, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I placed the new toddler bed from eco living with the canopy. The freeze pop sleep spot. I had my toddler ask to have parent read to sleep. The parent put the toddler down and walked away and the thought bubble that the parent couldn’t get there came up. I had the parent select read toddler to sleep. And the same thing happened. And it cancels the action and the toddler gets out of bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? I placed the new toddler bed from eco living with the canopy. The freeze pop sleep spot. I had my toddler ask to have parent read to sleep. The parent put the toddler down and walked away and the thought bubble that the parent couldn’t get there came up. I had the parent select read toddler to sleep. And the same thing happened. And it cancels the action and the toddler gets out of bed.
What do you expect to see? The parent should be able to read the toddler to sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded eco lifestyle

N/a

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 26 (3,515 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Toddler Bed- can’t read toddler to sleep!

Hero
@suppitschele This has been a general issue if you put the bed against the wall: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-can-t-be-put-to-bed-read-to-sleep-if-bed-...

Have you placed it against a wall on the long side ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (3,461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No the bed is in the middle of the room. There is 3 grid spaces on each side. Which is why I don’t understand what the problem is! 

Message 3 of 26 (3,435 Views)

★★ Pro

Toddler beds have been buggy for awhile now for me regardless if there's room around the bed or not. A workaround that I've tried that generally works is to put a chair near the toddler's bed for the parent to sit in to read the toddler to sleep.

Maybe you could try that and see if that works?

Message 4 of 26 (3,412 Views)

Hero
@suppitschele If you switch it out for another toddler bed, does it work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 26 (3,396 Views)

★ Guide

Can confirm it's the new bed. The other beds work just fine. Toddler beds have always been a bit glitchy, but usually work better when the toddler asks to be put to sleep. With the new bed, my sim picks up the toddler, goes to the bed, drops the tot, picks it back up, tries again and fails. After the second attempt, the mom gives up. With the "normal" toddler bed issue, you see the routing bubble above the sims head and they wave at you. This bug is different.

Message 6 of 26 (3,369 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have also experienced this issue, except my issue seems to be with the toddler. 

The toddler asks mum/adult to be read to sleep, mum picks up toddler, puts them onto bed, and thre issue I have is when the toddler goes to get under the covers, they can't do it, and they have the speech bubble above them (unable to do it) and wave their hands and the action gets cancelled. 

They can, however, be put to bed by mum/adult - no problem whatsoever. 

thought it was the new bed from eco living, but I have tried all the toddler beds and they all have the same issue. 

I'm on my phone so I haven't got any pics to share, but I can share pics if needed. 

Thank you 

Message 7 of 26 (3,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried it both ways in my game. The toddler asking the adult. And the adult to the toddler. None of my other beds are doing this to my knowledge. I have toddlers in almost all my households. It’s just bizarre. 

yea it’s frustrating because the bed is so cute!!!

There is a chair in the room now which with further testing it’s still doing the same thing. The adult sits down and starts to open book and the toddler won’t get under covers. Strange.

Message 8 of 26 (3,289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think I might have to try some moving around of furniture then... but still annoying with the new bed. Plus it has the best benefits (like the discomfort relief, etc) 

Message 9 of 26 (3,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've generally been having trouble with toddlers since eco lifestyle. 

I have to have my adult Sim pick up the toddler before doing anything from reading to sleep, to give food in chair, to putting on potty.

If I don't make them pick up the toddler first then they either do nothing and forget the command or say that they can't get to the object. 

This is bothersome. 

Message 10 of 26 (3,182 Views)