by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, up to and including Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the freelance maker career
What happens when the bug occurs? Other members of the household, including the toddler, get reminder calls to do a gig
What do you expect to see? Only those in the freelance maker career to get the reminder calls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added Eco Lifestyle to my game

My non freelance maker gets calls reminding them to take another gig; in this case the sim getting the reminder is a toddler & this call came right after his mom completed a gig (his grandmother is also a freelance maker, but neither the mom nor grandmother got the call)

I have got this in another save, but I think that time the sim getting the call was a teen and it was his young adult sister who was the freelance maker.  I'm not sure if I've ever noticed it with other freelance careers. Also I have not had mods in my game for months, have never used custom content, I regularly repair my game & delete my localthumbcache file every time I play.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 79 (13,313 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

Hero
@MapleSimmer Going to mark this as Eco Maker career issue for now until someone says it's also happening for other freelancer.

I think there would have been reports if that was the case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 79 (13,193 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Maker Career: Toddler Receiving Career Phone Call

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, all game packs,moshino, laundry, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, kids stuff, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky day, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim in the freelance maker career, have a toddler and not work on a gig for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? A toddler gets a call to select a gig even though the toddler should not be able to do that
What do you expect to see? That phone call not happening to a toddler
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has currently only happened once but if I see it again I'll add more info.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 79 (13,211 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Maker Career: Toddler Receiving Career Phone Call

Hero

@ShelockHolmes 

I have had a number of sims who are not in the Freelancer career get these calls.  It seems that they don't discriminate on age either as I have had them come in for sims of all ages.  Toddlers, children and teens too plus older sims.

Message 4 of 79 (13,149 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Maker Career: Toddler Receiving Career Phone Call

Hero
@ShelockHolmes I merged this with the existing thread. Finally found it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 79 (13,134 Views)

★ Guide

I have even had these calls come for the dog and cat!  Every night/morning, at 4am, someone gets this popup.  Nobody is in that career, doesn't matter if they're old enough to have a job, apparently doesn't matter if they're even human!

Message 6 of 79 (13,076 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue, too, but I don’t have any sims in the freelance maker career. Just like the other posts said, my toddler also received a call regarding taking a job. This constant phone call to everyone in my households started after I downloaded Eco Lifestyle.

Message 7 of 79 (13,009 Views)

Freelance Crafter Gig Reminders for Kids and Pets

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, and most stuff packs excluding Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Backyard, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Eco Lifestyle and play for a few hours
What happens when the bug occurs? Any currently played Sim gets a call to select a crafter gig even when no played Sim in save file is in that career, and regardless of age or species
What do you expect to see? Only Sims active in the Freelance Maker career getting gig calls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought Eco Lifestyle

Since I bought Eco Lifestyle, my played/household Sims across 4 different save files have been getting Freelance Crafter gig calls from the SIMply Crafted job agency. None of my played Sims in any of these saves have ever been in that career, and the calls come to not just adults, but toddlers/babies and even pets. 

Hi Laura Jane, it's your job agency calling... Just a friendly reminder that there are plenty of gigs available to work on if you're interested in earning some money. No pressure!

Because these Sims are not in the Freelance Crafter career, they do not have the option to select any of the gigs that pop up when I click "OK" - they are all grayed out. 

I regularly repair my game and delete my localthumbcache. Normally I play with mods but I've tried it without any mods and the calls still come in. 

Message 8 of 79 (13,011 Views)

Eco living bug

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but the issue is with Eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install eco lifestyle and have a large family of all ages - unemployed or employed but not a freelancer
What happens when the bug occurs? Phone notification: agent calling for fabrication gig - sim does not have that freelance profession. Click accept, everything is greyed out. Click decline and another member gets the call This is regardless of age
What do you expect to see? No phone notification unless a freelancer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch after eco living was released

See attached photos.

Message 9 of 79 (12,825 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MapleSimmer Yes! This happens to me all the freaking time! Every night when my sims go to bed I get like 3 or 4 notifications IN A ROW asking my sims of all ages to get an eco freelancer gig when I’ve never had a sim that joined that career. This needs to be fixed! I’m so annoyed of constantly clicking “cancel”!
Message 10 of 79 (12,760 Views)