by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Messages for NAP being passed with Option turned off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, all Game packs and most stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uncheck the two eco lifestyle boxes in game options and play test the game
What happens when the bug occurs? NAPs are still being passed even though my sim isn't voting
What do you expect to see? NAPs should not be passed if my sim hasn't voted or selected a NAP.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought and downloaded Eco Lifestyle

Until they're fixed so that NAP actions are not as intrusive and indiscriminate - I don't want to have them in my game. My sim was on a date and couldn't complete the goals because everyone at the nightclub was getting into fights including her date, her, and then even when they weren't brawling themselves, they were refusing to do the social interactions I'd queued up because they were busy watching people fight. So I revert to an earlier save before NAPs got passed, lose all the progress, go about my business, gardening, painting and overall trying to continue my rags to riches challenge - a week passes and despite having unchecked the box an NAP alert telling me something has been passed comes up, now I'm worried I'm going to have to revert to an earlier save yet again, the NAPs are making the game unplayable. I want to disable them completely.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 41 (8,919 Views)

Re: NAPs being passed even with NAP box unchecked in game options

Hero
@iamqueenkk Does it continue to add more stuff every week although it was turned off or just for the week that was already started ?

Is that in your hood or others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (8,829 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Haven’t checked other hoods, just came straight on to see if anyone else had this problem and hopefully a solution. So far it seems to be an every week issue but a confusing one. I get a notification that a NAP has passed, then I check the mailbox and nothing new NAPs seem to be enacted, so maybe I’m getting notifications from other hoods, but that would be weird because my sim is the only played sim in that save game. 

Message 3 of 41 (8,799 Views)

Hero
@iamqueenkk Do you have other households favorited (aka in my households) ?

I would assume turning it off turns it off for all hoods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (8,778 Views)

Disabling NPC Voting doesn't work - ECO Lifestyle

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest with Eco Lifestyle
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game options and "disable" NPC voting from the ECO lifestyle options.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though NPC has been disabled and says so on the mailboxes; voting with NPCs is still taking place. All of the sims including mine keep making out with random people, constantly baking cakes and all sims except for the current family I am playing constantly wear bags on their heads. I Just wanted to turn all of this off by "disabling" NPC voting but that doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? I expected that once I "disabled" NPC voting that it would turn off the voting system in a sense for ECO Lifestyle...that I would see the sims acting normal and behave according to whatever vote is in place due to ECO lifestyle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If turning off NPC is not intended to turn off the behaviors described above, then what does? I want to be in control of if or when my sims get involved in that stuff.

Message 5 of 41 (9,033 Views)

Re: Disabling NPC Voting doesn't work - ECO Lifestyle

Hero
@KERRYKELLY123 Do you still have NAPs in any of the hoods ?

Just turning off the NPCs isn't enough. You need to revoke them all in all neighborhoods

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 41 (8,994 Views)

Hero
@KERRYKELLY123 Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 41 (8,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just started a whole new sim with the world settings set with voting disabled. It says it's disabled when I click on the mailbox, it says it's disabled in my settings and yet they just passed the We Wear Bags law in my neighborhood. Even if I literally have to move my sim to every neighborhood to vote to stop all Eco Lifestyle, will it even work?

Message 8 of 41 (8,844 Views)

Hero
@NorthernLifted Did you just get a message like this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Messages-for-NAP-being-passed-with-Option-turn... or do they actually wear bags now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 41 (8,793 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@NorthernLifted The "voting" dialog will still appear, but it doesn't do anything. It's a bug, but a harmless one. Wait until after the voting closes and it says a nap was enacted, then click on your mailbox and check. You'll see it's not there.

Just ignore it.
Message 10 of 41 (8,749 Views)