by jmcdan02

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] [DHD] Can't do Renovations in Evergreen Harbor apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the Courtyard Oasis kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept a gig where the client lives in an apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot complete the gig by sending my Sim to the lot.
What do you expect to see? Being able to complete the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Home Decorator game pack.

My Sim accepted a gig for an Art Studio addition. I wasn't familiar with the family and didn't know where they lived when I accepted the gig. When my Sim arrived at the lot, I discovered they lived in an apartment and alarm bells started going off in my head! You can't structurally modify an apartment! I went through the interview process and the before photos and then into build mode where my alarm bells were confirmed! You can't even get rid of furniture for a plain renovation! Luckily I always save before I head out to a gig, so I exited to the main menu without saving and reloaded my game. I sent my Sim alone to the gig and was able to complete it that way. Shouldn't apartments be completely eliminated from gigs? Yes, you can complete them by sending your Sim alone, but where's the fun in that?!!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Merged another thread that had 5 me toos.

Message 3 of 25 (4,356 Views)

Dream Home Decorator Gig bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Dream Home Decorator Realm of Magic Jungle Adventure Parenthood Dine Out Spa Day Paranormal Stuff Nifty Knitting Luxury Party Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Fitness Movie Hangout Perfect Patio the 2 free stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get to level 4 of the dream home decorator career by doing renovations. This bug only appeared after playing a while, at first everything was fine. Accept a level renovation for an apartment in Evergreen Harbor that's on the second floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? During a level renovation gig I am unable to make any changes or renovations to the Stonestreet apartment #3 from Eco lifestyle.
What do you expect to see? Renovations should be possible for a level renovation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Home Decorator.

At first I had to reload the lot twice because the door was not loaded in and the knock on door interaction was not there. I removed all mods and cc from my game after the latest patch, this is  a completely vanilla game. Once inside I had the error message that I was attempting to make changes on the wrong level, my restriction was "restricted to the ground floor" but this apartment is on the second floor so I'm unable to complete my gig. 

Message 1 of 25 (4,091 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator Gig bug

Hero
@MsSirenx Is this an issue only on the apartment ? Maybe it's not seen the apartment level correctly in those Eco apartments.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (4,063 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator & Apartments

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rpierce61

Is this what you had issues with : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-CL-ECO-Add-room-gig-not-working-in-apartments/m-p/10393650 ?

The lessons state that you can only add objects to the added tiles (and probably also delete)

Bild_2021-06-05_144152.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (4,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It will not let you do anything to the apartment at all. You can't even renovate it. It won't let you delete any furniture.

Message 5 of 25 (4,304 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been able to do a renovation in an apartment. A sim family with a child were living in a 1 bedroom. I was able to add a 2nd bedroom by dividing the 1 bedroom to create a larger and smaller bedroom. I was able to delete items and renovate without a problem. So this may be something that your game is experiencing but others aren't. I once had a gig in which I completed it but didn't get paid for it. I thought it was a bug, but the next gig went as it should have. As frustrating as the situation sounds to be, maybe trying another apartment gig will not yield the same results. I'm just another player trying to help brainstorm for this situation. If it doesn't work on a different gig, I hope it resolves soon for you.

Message 6 of 25 (4,296 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think the problem here just lies with additions, we shouldn’t be able to work on an apartment addition gig since we can’t change the existing structure of apartments. Since the criteria of an addition is only being able to edit the new structure we’ll automatically fail these gigs. 

Message 7 of 25 (4,282 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jmcdan02 That's cool that it let you at least renovate! After the addition didn't work, I tried a renovation with the same family (Morales) at the same apartment (Stonestreet) and it wouldn't let me divide the room or delete any items in the apartment. Curious!! Thanks for your input! I'll keep trying!
Message 8 of 25 (4,264 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@rpierce61 It's a minor bug at the moment.

Yes, it's impossible to add a room onto an apartment, but it's "minor" because ALL addition gigs are broken at the moment. You can't add a room ANYWHERE on any gig. They're ALL broken.

Just skip ALL "Addition" gigs. We'll never be able to do them.
Message 9 of 25 (4,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I just did an addition (art studio) this morning at a house in Willow Creek and it worked okay for me. Sorry you are having problems.
Message 10 of 25 (4,224 Views)