[NEEDS SAVES] Digitalistic Sketchpad: LE/Missing Interactions

by LeissaMyst

Original Post

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad Breaking for Freelancer Artist

★ Novice
@crinrict It seems to only happen to my freelancer. Other sims don't use it, but the few times they have it hasn't had any issues.
Message 11 of 25 (878 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad Breaking for Freelancer Artist

Hero
@GamerBreadsticc OK. Thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (865 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad: LE/Missing Interactions after 'Quick Sketch Impressi

Hero (Retired)

I think I've seen this same issue on PS5. I had a Stylist sim sketching on a sketchpad. I had queued up a bunch of paintings and don't remember if the quick impression was in there or not. 

The sim and all the people around her randomly reset while she was sketching and then afterwards the sketchpad had no options except to paint by reference (which also took money and didn't work), upgrade, and place in inventory.

Message 13 of 25 (914 Views)

Sketchpad only Paint from Refence option

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trend Setter Career. Daily task of gathering impression (i think that was it), then click on Sketchpad and I think the option was quick impression or quick sketch?
What happens when the bug occurs? sim took out sketchpad and appeared to start sketching, but then animation stopped and it didn't give me a sketch in invo or tick off my daily task, tried again. Then the sketchpad ended up on the floor. Now the only option is paint from reference but even that doesn't work. you snap the photo and nothing happens after.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sim to spend a certain amount of time sketching on the pad and then I would have a painting in inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I see from the forum and reddit that this was a known bug that was supposedly fixed like three years ago.  I couldn't find any current information so decided to post here.

Message 14 of 25 (812 Views)

Re: Sketchpad only Paint from Refence option

★★★★ Guide

I used to have tons of problems with the sketchpad becoming unusable, and eventually figured out that every time it broke as you describe my sim was listening to the radio and sketching at the same time. I don't know for sure if that's the issue you're experiencing, but I'd recommend replacing the sketchpad and not allowing your sims to listen to the radio while using it. They shouldn't start listening on their own after they start sketching, so you don't have to watch them every second, but make sure to cancel any radio listening actions before they start using the pad.

Message 15 of 25 (774 Views)

Hero
@DianaaPrince I merged your post with the existing thread on this issue.

Did you get the same LastException as OP ? Make sure to click me too as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 25 (754 Views)

★★★ Novice

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>ef29d137ca45d05d6296d1c5</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-05-31 21:10:38</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.88.228.1020-1.300.000.140.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>carry_postures.py:707</categoryid><desyncid>ef29d137ca45d05d6296d1c5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: Unable to retrieve slot variable: &#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;StackVar: &#13;&#10; Found: &#13;&#10; Local Var var_map = _sims4_collections.frozendict({HAND: &lt;Hand.RIGHT = 2&gt;, INTERACTION_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x09090f17d9cf13be), CARRY_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x09090f17d9cf13be)})&#13;&#10; Local Var slot_var = PostureSpecVariable.SLOT&#13;&#10; Local Var dest_state = PostureState(stand:360, posture_CarryNothing:194, posture_CarryNothing:359)&#13;&#10; (&lt;PostureTransition: posture_CarryObject:325 to posture_CarryNothing:359&gtWink._interaction = running sketchpad_Staging_SketchImpressionLoot:2024 on object_Sketchpad:0x09090f17d9cf13be (guaranteed)&#13;&#10Wink&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 423, in do_transition_animation&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 707, in append_exit_to_arb&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: Unable to retrieve slot variable: &#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;StackVar: &#13;&#10; Found: &#13;&#10; Local Var var_map = _sims4_collections.frozendict({HAND: &lt;Hand.RIGHT = 2&gt;, INTERACTION_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x09090f17d9cf13be), CARRY_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x09090f17d9cf13be)})&#13;&#10; Local Var slot_var = PostureSpecVariable.SLOT&#13;&#10; Local Var dest_state = PostureState(stand:360, posture_CarryNothing:194, posture_CarryNothing:359)&#13;&#10; (&lt;PostureTransition: posture_CarryObject:325 to posture_CarryNothing:359&gtWink._interaction = running sketchpad_Staging_SketchImpressionLoot:2024 on object_Sketchpad:0x09090f17d9cf13be (guaranteed)rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 46.78&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,112,50486&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: Radeon RX550/550 Series aticfx64.dll 30.0.13023.4001, GUID: D7B71EE2-2ADF-11CF-B371-B8F168C2D335&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 17 of 25 (729 Views)

Hero
@DianaaPrince thanks. For the moment you probably can't do much more than buy a new sketch pad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 25 (726 Views)

Cancelling Painting on Digital Sketchpad causes it to break

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs but snowy escape. All game packs except batuu and dream home decorator and my wedding stories. Laundry Day stuff pack. Bust the Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you use the digitalistic sketchpad from the base game and cancel the painting before it's done the glitch will happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you cancel the painting before it's finished, the sketchpad will hover in midair and, act like it's in the inventory. I've tried reloading the save, reloading the lot, nothing works to fix these issues other than selling the items.
What do you expect to see? Being able to cancel the painting on the sketchpad without it hovering in midair and acting as if it's in my sims inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure if it was after a certain patch or not as I just used the sketchpad for the first time recently.

Message 19 of 25 (704 Views)

Re: Cancelling Painting on Digital Sketchpad causes it to break

Hero
@1Wolf2052 I merged your post with an existing thread on the tablet breaking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 25 (652 Views)