Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Rotational gameplay is impossible for University

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send several sims to university (or both), creating several student "families".
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the family under direct control of the player is advancing normally through the studies. Other family is losing the grades until they are required to leave University.
What do you expect to see? All families should be able to advance autonomously, their grades can be random or based on their overall skills and traits. Most should be able to graduate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a biggest and game-breaking bug of all for me in DU. I sent about 5-7 different families to University, but actively played only with one.

After the first "semester", I checked all the families. Some were doing pretty well, having grades from 4+ to 5 (this is the gradation in my game). But one family immediately was put under supervision (academic probation) for the bad grades, though this still lets the player to choose subjects for the next semester. 

After the second semester, the grades dropped significantly, and the family under academic probation was kicked out of the University - though any family would stay forever if not visited by the player, only while visiting a family the process of leaving the university will begin, several other families were put under supervision (academic probation).

I decided to stop checking on them (though I wasn't saving the game during this checks) before my main family graduates. And after 2 of 3 members of my main family had graduated with honors and left, I checked other families.

I admit one member of the one family has graduated as well, though having really bad grades . All others were kicked out except for one that was put under supervision (this sim was a member of the same family which member somehow managed to graduate). I decided to help this one a bit and I have completed all the presentations and a paper work and then left for the last member of my main family.

Before the last 3 days, I checked the other family again and made sure its only member had attended all lectures. BUT. The exams in DU happens not on the LAST lecture of the last day (as it claims), but somewhat 2 or even 3 days before ending. So, when the member of this other family went for the REALLY last lecture on the LAST day of the semester, exam did not happen, it was a simple lecture (maybe this is yet another bug). And when the semester had ended, she got 2 for this subject, but more importantly, she got 2 for another and only two 4s for others despite I made sure she had completed every task!!!

I can only conclude the members of inactive families are skipping ALL the classes, despite sometimes they show up and go to them together with my active sims - the game just won't recognize this.

This expansion is seriously broken.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 71 (7,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Rotational gameplay is impossible for University

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 71 of 71 (1,372 Views)

All Replies

My sim got suspended when I switched into other housheolds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, pets, get famous and city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try switching to other households for 1 day
What happens when the bug occurs? After switching into another household and go back into the previous household where I had my sim in university, it suddenly says that my sim was suspended for 0 days and prohibits her for enrolling even though she actually still has 3 term days left.
What do you expect to see? Sim not getting suspended when switching to other households
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve also completed all my university tasks already such as term papers and homeworks, just needed to wait for my final exam on its last term days but out of nowhere after I switch households just for a day, my sim had a 0 days of suspension status.

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG EA!!!

Message 2 of 71 (7,528 Views)

Re: My sim got suspended when I switched into other housheolds

Hero
@celiboy77 merged this with PC/Mac thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 71 (7,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
  1. whats the point of merging my post with others ?@crinrict 
Message 4 of 71 (7,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@celiboy77 It's basically the same issue and to have an accurate count of how many people are affected, it's best to have them in one thread instead of multiple thread on the same issue.

The issue at hand. Rotational game play puts Sims on probation or removes suspends them for bad grades.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 71 (7,449 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict If im not mistaken I saw some thread yesterday on subreddit and 1 person claims that this issue has already been fixed for pc/mac players on the 12th of december patch??? Im just worried that thus issue is no longer investigated for console playersFrown

Hoping this would be fixed on the next patch for consoles

Message 6 of 71 (7,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@celiboy77 @rostsit @crinrict 

I played sims DU on pc and I have 2 active different families. I try to switch between both families and it seems like everything is fine with both of the sim’s uni performances and they didnt get suspended. However my little brother played DU on ps4 and he experiences the same issues as you guys.

I’m not sure if this will work and this might sound like a dumb idea but I do suggest by try to make your uni student sim drop out from university to remove the 0 suspension days and start over by re enrolling. After you enrol maybe you could try to reset the sim by moving them into a new house and move back again. Try to do it twice so that maybe the bug will likely not happen anymore. Im not sure if this method really works but I used to experience a bug where my sim is stuck in a particular thing such as not being able to progress in her culinary career and also not being able to throw away trashes to trash cans. From this experience I just felt that resetting sims by moving them to other lots would solve their “stuck problems” whatever the situation is. Not sure if this works 100% but its worth a try I guess if you still want to try to play with different families.

Anyways @crinrict do you know when will the next patch be released for console players??

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 7 of 71 (7,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@celiboy77 Not to my knowledge but I haven't played rotationally with Uni.

Tagging @rostsit to tell us if it was fixed for PC as claimed on that reddit.

@XiaoLiJuan888 I haven't seen any announcement but I'm assuming you'll get one before Tiny Living comes out for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 71 (7,338 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Then I believe you shouldnt merged my post with pc players thus make it separate based on different platforms. Im worried that EA itself wont regard this issue on console as it might have been fixed on pc. Its better to separate my thread so that the community manager @EA_Lanna could recognise this problem for ps4 platforms. 

Message 9 of 71 (7,313 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 I try to treat all threads the same way to avoid confusion. I have forwarded this as console and as PC issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 71 (7,302 Views)