by DarkestScarlet

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Roommates get replaced in dorm often

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino and Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess going into create a sim when your sim is in a dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? I mentioned it.
What do you expect to see? This bug being fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Hello! I was playing with my sim in her dorm earlier and I went to create a sim to give her new outfits. When I exited create a sim, she had new roommates instead of the ones that originally moved in + I had customized. I’m really upset because I loved her roommates, and the only way I can think of getting her back with them is adding them to my household and having her restart her term, which I don’t want to do. 

Is there any way I can kick these new roommates out and add the old ones back? I’m super upset right now.

Message 1 of 18 (4,972 Views)

Re: Roommates glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@slyytherinn Not sure this is a bug.

Did you try loading a backup ?

Will try to get some info if this is supposed to happen or not.

In my experience they do change when you finish one term but that seems as it should..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,905 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. Every time I reopen the game, it respawns an entirely new cast of roommates for my sim. This happens regardless of what day of term it is and it's really annoying. I want my original roommates, thanks. 

Message 3 of 18 (4,836 Views)

Hero
@conquerthecity Mods/cc or without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (4,826 Views)

Roommates randomly respawning

★★ Novice

Hi, me again! I got Discover University a few days ago and just started playing, but when I went to open the game a little bit after I finished customizing all the roommates I had in the dorm I was staying in, but they all suddenly left and were replaced with new ones. I've reopened the game three time and all with the same results. I don't know what's causing this, is this something caused by a mod, or do I need to wait for a bug fix? It seems like other people are having this issue too, so I hope someone knows how to fix it! This all happened today, and I had opened it twice before the time it glitched out and both times opened fine with the roommates not leaving. Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 5 of 18 (4,737 Views)

Re: Roommates randomly respawning

Hero
@RainbowStarrix I merged your post with another bug report.

I don't really know if it's a bug (hence the unsure in the title) but there are several reasons why they leave. All at once seems a bit extreme though

It might have to do with customizing them. Do they also leave if you don't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (4,706 Views)

[DU] All 9 roommates moved out and it ruined my story

★ Novice

I was really excited when I came back to TS4 after a 4-month break and found out there's a new university themed EP. I bought it immediately and have been enjoying it very much for the past few days.

I moved my Sim to a dorm and changed all of her 9 roommates' names and clothes so that they basically became my own Sims even though they were unplayable NPCs. I had my Sim interact with them a lot, she became good friends with some of them and even had a crush on one of them. She was also doing well in her studies and I was really enjoying my story where she slowly crawls towards graduation and along the way deepens her bond with her roommates.

That changed on the last day of the very first term. All of her 9 roommates moved out of the dorm simultaneously and a bunch of random new NPCs moved in. There was nothing I could do about it.

Is this really a thing, getting new roommates every term? Because if it is, then I'm really disappointed in DU. There are other annoying issues that I can tolerate, but this really ruins my story. I get trying to be realistic, sometimes a roommate graduates before you and moves out, that's fine, but having them ALL move out after just one term.... I truly liked them, they were my Sims and now my played Sim is surrounded by strangers and everything except for her studies is like back on day 1.

Message 7 of 18 (4,583 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates get replaced in dorm often

Community Manager (retired)

We've been unable to reproduce this, could anyone possibly share a save file? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 18 (4,434 Views)

Roommates change in Uni after CAS edit

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP05: 1.assets.ml-ep05.164
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone except the kits, Paranormal, Star Wars, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim into a Uni student housing after enrolling. Notice who is your sims roommates by hovering over each bed. Edit one or two roommates in CAS (change their hair/clothes, not their names). Now hover over the beds again, right after you leave CAS, to see all or some of the roommates names no longer show up, or there's totally different roommates. Do the same thing all over again, edit the roommates and check the beds, same thing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roommates are gone right after editing a roommate, swapped out with new sims, and the term hasn't even started yet.
What do you expect to see? That I can edit my sims roommates without them being swapped out and disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was able to edit the roommates without issues a couple of months ago. I removed all mods and CC so it has to be a bug in the game. I don't remember the last time I updated the game, so I don't know if this issue started after an update or not.

I was able to edit them however/whenever I wanted before, and they would stay in the dorm.

This happened in a student house at uBrite (Darkwing House, but I downloaded a different house there).

Funny thing happened though. As I tested this without mods, I also removed the mod to be able to use stoves in uni housing. The game alerted me that the house was incomplete because there was a stove there, and that I had to remove the stove to make the house acceptable, but I didn't remove it. The roommate system worked like it should. I was able to edit every roommate without them disappearing. But as soon as I removed the stove and the house was accepted as student housing, the issue came back.

Message 9 of 18 (3,312 Views)

Re: Roommates change in Uni after CAS edit

Hero
@Plau87 i merged your post with existing report.

Could you send your save to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Roommates-get-replaced-in-dorm-often/m-p/881238...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (3,305 Views)