How do I make the sim graduate in sims 4 university?

by marenrf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Graduation doesn't trigger/ can't re-enroll

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but toddler, kids room and parenting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll in university, complete the classes, just before you're about to get a notification about graduation, travel. I did that by accident.
What happens when the bug occurs? I completed everything, I moved out and went on with my life. I never received a diploma, a picture, etc. I used the trait cheat to give myself the degree. Later in sim life I decided I wanted to go back to school, so I reapplied. Read my acceptance, but was not able to re-enroll. I used the cheat to enroll, went through the whole process, was even paid money back for scholarships. But still I have no class schedule and cant enroll.
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to re enroll
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help Standard smile 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 61 (7,071 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sim hasn't obtain her diploma

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello Everyone!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

@Itsxkee I see you posted recently, if you are still encountering this and are willing to help with the save file, please do send us the save following the instruction provided in the above link.

View in thread

Message 59 of 61 (3,249 Views)

All Replies

Re: Discover Uni re-enroll unavailable

Hero
@Alisftbl8 Do you still have classes under your career ? Cheating the degree can cause all kind of issues and you're probably at a similar state as this issue now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduatio...

The game thinks you're still enrolled.

DId you move out before the actual graduation message ? It shouldn't matter if you attend the ceremony but moving out might have bugged something

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (6,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do not have any classes under the career. It may think I'm still enrolled. I was going to another lot when the message popped, I think it may have been that message, and it never popped up again after that. At that point, I waited a few days and nothing changed. I just moved out and called it a day. I'm probably screwed now, huh?

Message 3 of 61 (6,935 Views)

Hero
@Alisftbl8 If the message popped and and you ignored it, you still should have gotten your degree at 6 pm that day. You don't need to attend graduation.

Do you remember when the class disappeared ? When you used the cheat to add the degree or before ?

You could try if the cheat University.Graduate helps but you'll need the allcheatfix mod for that to work and it's known to cause side-effects with a last exception triggering all the time afterwards.

Would you be willing to share your save with me (before using the cheat) ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (6,904 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, I should have gotten it but I didn't. In the career tab, under classes, it gave my GPA and said graduated. The semester presumably started up again for my dorm mates but not me, with no option to continue classes, because.. graduated.. no move out screen, nothing. It was 3 or 4 days before I decided to move out and cheat. I waited... just in case something triggered randomly. It didn't. I'd share my save with you but I moved on and didn't look back or save to another one because I'm dumb. That sounds like it would have been a great idea though lol oops Standard smile 

Message 5 of 61 (6,865 Views)

Hero
@Alisftbl8 Probably not much I could have done but it would have been interesting to look at.

No worries

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (6,858 Views)

How do I make the sim graduate in sims 4 university?

★★★ Newbie

My sim moved out of the student housing before the last semester (she had children) and I never got a notification for the graduate ceremony after she finished the last semester. She can't get the job she has earned by her grade before she graduates. How do I fix this?

Message 7 of 61 (6,833 Views)

Re: How do I make the sim graduate in sims 4 university?

Hero
@marenrf Merged your thread with the bug report on this.

Do you maybe have a backup from before the graduation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 61 (6,779 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello everyone, I have a similar bug here. My sims got enroled in a degree, I put all hard work to get his degree, and at the last day of the last semester, when he is actually done. Without any pop up for graduation, I head to university for completing a goal in the university aspiration, and then just before it load I heard the sound effect when they actuallly sims receive their diploma/grades. But I cant do anything since im in loading screen. Then Im at university, without any events, in the events log, showing that I have complete the last semester or that I have a graduation. I still can see in the work panel, that I have completed 12/12 and that my grade is a A+, but I dont see any diploma in the IU and I did not receive any diploma/picture...what a reward lol.

Message 9 of 61 (6,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug. Is there any fix for this?

Message 10 of 61 (6,575 Views)