Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cow Plant: Resets to previous growing stage

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all exept MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? the cowplant resets from fully grown to a previous growing stage, sims (can) still interacting with the cowplant as if it is fully grown, but cowplant don't seem to get hungry/die or sims can't eat cake.
What do you expect to see? cowplant stays grown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the cowplant resets from fully grown to a previous growing stage, sims (can) still interacting with the cowplant as if it is fully grown, but cowplant don't seem to get hungry/die or sims can't eat cake.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 61 (7,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cow Plant: Resets to previous growing stage

Hero

Garden plants now should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt. Be strong and live your best life, garden buds!

Fixed in Patch 1.101.290/1.81

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (1,124 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm here to pump the threat because I got the problem too, especially my Cowplan gets SHRINK and HAVE TO REGROW.

Message 2 of 61 (7,646 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

Hero
@Ancaryvan Moving your post over to the cowplant thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 61 (7,641 Views)

cow plants doesn't work

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if you look at my queen.lockett family , she has three cow plants in front of the house, sometime they are fully grown but during my play the cow plant would clip into a small one, but when you feed it , it will show drawling out of it month but it will look like a small cow plant ???
What happens when the bug occurs? it will clip into a small cow plant or freeze then turn into small cow plant
What do you expect to see? that they won't turn into a small cow plant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i've had this for whilee and its still happen since the update

Message 4 of 61 (7,625 Views)

my cowplant keeps reverting to horns randomly

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? most recent?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cowplant grow up, then it randomly reverts back to horns.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cowplant bugs and looks like it hasn't grown even though you can still do the interactions you do with a fully grown cowplant.
What do you expect to see? My cowplant stays fully grown and doesn't randomly shrink.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This game has so many bugs :/

Message 5 of 61 (7,493 Views)

Anonymous

(Photographic evidence attached) A video was made as well however it could not be uploaded by this site

Message 6 of 61 (7,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

(FIX FOUND FOR ME) If you place the cow plant in your inventory and then re-insert it back into a garden planter box then this should fix the appearance

Message 7 of 61 (7,413 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 61 (7,370 Views)

★★★★ Expert

This happens to me, too, but only if I use Super Sell in the vicinity of the Cowplant.  Reset Object fixes it.  

Message 9 of 61 (7,352 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Anonymous Not for me. I first tried replacing in ground where it was before. Nope. Then I got a planter box and placed it in it. No again. Still non moving tiny cow plant that you can feed, pet and play with.
Did anyone else mention that you can't milk it or eat cake?
Message 10 of 61 (7,323 Views)