[FIXED] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

by TuttiFlutey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Receive a gift from a rabbit
What happens when the bug occurs? A rabbit gifted me an unfinished debug item called a "cow flower." In my sim's inventory, it shows up as the yellow outline they use as a placeholder for unfinished items when the game is developed, and when you hover over it, it has the **DEBUG** tag.
What do you expect to see? I expect rabbits to gift me items that are actually supposed to be in the game and not weird debug items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed cottage living.

Screenshot attached

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 31 (17,198 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

Hero

Rabbits can be very thoughtful; one in particular was giving away items tagged as DEBUG for PC and Mac Simmers or UNKNOWN for console Simmers,as gifts like the Cow Flower. This gift has been removed from the rabbit’s stash and will not be presented to your Sims.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 31 (1,868 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item

★ Apprentice

Not going to fill in all the usual details as I absolutely do have mods and had thought this connected to them before I read OP's post, and I'd assumed it had been mod related. But to add possibly useless info to OP's post, when clicked on in the inventory, it offers the usual harvestable options of 'plant' (greyed out), 'eat' and 'place in world'. When placed in world, it vanishes.

Message 2 of 31 (17,093 Views)

What the heck is a Cow Flower?

★★★ Guide

No, I don't mean Cowplant or Cowberry.

Twice now, I have gotten as a gift from a rabbit a Cow Flower. It has the description of ** DEBUG ** and when I tried to place it down and plant it, it vanished. Well, I haven't done that with the second one. I guess I could sell it, but I kinda wanted to see what it is. Boo. 

Thoughts? 

cow flower.jpg

Message 3 of 31 (17,160 Views)

Re: What the heck is a Cow Flower?

★★★ Novice

I've gotten a few of them also. Not sure what they are, but I've noticed if they're in my sims inventory when I close the game they go into household inventory.

Message 4 of 31 (17,042 Views)

Hero
@FluidPanNerd I merged this with the bug report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (17,037 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Same here ... i firgured it is the "golden Goodie" (I don't know the correct translation) 

But I could only feed it once - as my Sim reproduced it, i could't feed it anymore. 

Message 6 of 31 (17,029 Views)

Re: [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

★★ Guide

Got one too, on XB1, though mine didnt even have a description.

Message 7 of 31 (17,007 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is actualy a way to place it and it becomes a golden cow plant. you trap your sim in an area big enough for it with nothing to set it on but the ground. then put down another plantable close by and choose plant on the second item. your sim will plant both and it ends up being a gold cowplant. it is very buggie though I usualy just eat them saves time and whining.

Message 8 of 31 (16,872 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing, I was gifted from birds on my lot. I have no custom content or mods. 

Message 9 of 31 (16,786 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A rabbit gave me this today. I had the option to drag it out onto a gardening patch, but it failed to germinate and completely disappeared. If I get more I'll sell them immediately. No mods, everything except the Country Kitchen and Courtyard Oasis Kits. On latest patch.

Message 10 of 31 (16,768 Views)