by thisisarealpainx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start playing with Cottage Living installed. I have only played one save so far and have interacted with both Agatha and Agnes. I'm not sure if this is what triggered it. I have also bought things from their store so maybe that triggered it too. I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game has generated multiple versions of Agnes and Agatha Crumplebottom. I can see in manage households that there are now 7 Agnes Crumplebottoms in my game and 7 Agatha Crumplebottoms in my game.
What do you expect to see? Only one Agatha Crumplebottom and one Agnes Crumplebottom in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Cottage Living

Nothing further to add.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 88 (10,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

For anyone still seeing multiple Crumplebottoms being generated (with an empty Mods folder) - would you be willing to share your affected save file(s)?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 58 of 88 (7,466 Views)

All Replies

Re: Multiple versions of Agatha Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I saw 2 Agnes Crumplebottoms in one of my community lots (hell scenario) the last time I play. I checked the households after reading your bug report and I have the same issue with yours. The household names are irrelevant (Sumner and O'Connor) and only household member is Agnes Crumplebottom.

Ekran Resmi 2021-07-25 03.43.40.png

Ekran Resmi 2021-07-25 03.43.56.png

Message 2 of 88 (10,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't even see the Crumplebottoms in tending to garden stall in mine

Message 3 of 88 (10,433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the No Random Mod installed, and thought maybe this was the issue.  But I removed that, and the same thing happened, game spawns multiple crumplebottoms that show up in the game and in household management.

Message 4 of 88 (10,417 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok I have figured out what is going on (but not why). Every time my sim purchases something from the garden shop, a new Agatha or Agnes is created by the game to tend the store. I had 7 Agneses in my game, then I sent my sim to buy something from the garden shop (Agnes was tending it) and straight afterwards I checked manage worlds and there are now 8 Agneses in my game.

Message 5 of 88 (10,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thisisarealpainx Anyone never had any mods in here ?

If you had any, did you try a factory reset, the a fresh save for testing purpose and it still happens ?

I don't see them in my household  manager at all and I believe they are supposed to be hidden households.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 88 (10,384 Views)

★ Guide

I strongly believe this is a MCCC issue, not a bug. I know a player who had this issue with other NPCs like gardeners and masterfishermen shortly before the pack has been released and thought it was my townieoverhaul causing it when it acutally was caused by some setting in MCCC. Sadly I don't know which setting in MCCC it is as I don't use mods.

Message 7 of 88 (10,364 Views)

★ Guide

I meant to say I don't use MCCC ( I obviously do use other mods though).

Message 8 of 88 (10,363 Views)

[ Edited ]

I now think that this might be an MCCC issue. After removing MCCC, I do still have multiple Agathas and Agneses in my current save. However, I started a new save without MCCC ever being installed for that save and multiple Agathas and Agneses did not spawn. Started a second new save with MCCC installed and multiple Agathas and Agneses did spawn. So, I would say at this point it is looking like an MCCC issue. Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: Other people are saying that they are having this issue with no mods installed so maybe it's just a coincidence that the problem did not occur for me in a new save which I had never used any mods in. Seems like it may well not be an MCCC issue after all.

Message 9 of 88 (10,352 Views)

★ Guide

I don’t have any mods and it’s happening to me. When you purchase something, the game creates a new crumplebottom

—T

Message 10 of 88 (10,320 Views)