by joanjettsaltereg

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Toddler, My First Pet Stuff, Bust the Dust, and Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cause a fox, hen, or rabbit to die of old age while having an evil hen who has been asked for help
What happens when the bug occurs? The evil hen and Death fight continuously and Death never leaves.
What do you expect to see? Death will not leave and will instead get in a fight with the evil hen, wander off, return to the coup, fight with the evil hen, wander off, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installation of Cottage Living

Death will not leave after fighting with the evil hen. They will just continue to get into fights indefinitely, and the game locks you out from saving or going into build mode because "someone is dying."

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (4,937 Views)

Re: [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

Hero
Bit different scenario but linking for reference as probably connected: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Animal-dying-causes-Reaper-Loop/m-p/10536033

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (4,884 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm unsure if this is the same thing but my chicken was dying so the grim reaper appeared, but he just stood there or floated about causing my game to stick because of the 'sim is dying' message.

Basically, I zoomed out and looked around the areas outside my lot and saw a bunch of foxes surrounding to elder foxes that were laying down and looked dead. I opened the cheat dialogue box with ctrl + shift + c and typed 'testingcheats true' to turn cheats on, and then I shift/clicked on the 'dead' foxes and clicked on reset. It reset the foxes so they came back to life, and then the camera went to the grim reaper who finally took the chicken and my game returned to normal and I was able to save again etc. 

Message 3 of 19 (4,870 Views)

Hero
@megburchell This is about a loop while yours sounds like a conflict between two dead animals.

best if you make your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (4,864 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem happen with me, unfortunately. And in my case, I can confirm that there weren't any other dead animals nearby. I tried resetting both the rooster and the Reaper, and that didn't fix the issue. 

Message 5 of 19 (4,797 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same exact issue with the grim reaper and the evil hen. I just put both evil hens in my inventory and the grim reaper went away.

Message 6 of 19 (4,626 Views)

Death is Glitched!

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu and the 90s Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an animal die on or near your lot. Potentially need an Evil Chicken to fight Grim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Death shows up, stands around for a minute, disappears, shows back up, fights a chicken, stands around, disappears, and then the game tells you that you can't do anything while a sim is dying on your lot. Sometimes, the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? Grim show up, maybe fight a chicken, and leave-- either taking the soul with him or letting the chicken win the soul.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought Cottage Living

While I have used mods in my game previously, that was months ago and I removed them all back in April in preparation for the Summer of Sims. 

Message 7 of 19 (4,516 Views)

Champion

Does your chicken win the fight each time? Because I can see that causing a loop; Grim doesn’t leave when he loses, just goes to the edge of the lot, waits a moment, then tries again. My evil chicken’s not a very good fighter though, as even if she wins the first time so far she’s never won twice in a row, so the second time Grim takes the dying animal successfully and leaves. Which still seems like a bug; what’s the point of fighting Grim if it only delays the death a few minutes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 19 (4,468 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

★★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem. A fox died on my lot, Grim goes to it but then returns back to fight the evil chicken. Roams around for a bit and the same thing happens over and over again and I can't save the game or travel, meanwhile the fox is there...ya know waiting to be reaped. The thing is I also have 2 chickens, including the evil chicken, who are close to death but the Grim Reaper only fights with said evil chicken. I had to stop playing with that household. 

Message 9 of 19 (4,324 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 19 (4,136 Views)