by AZM23

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Can't complete Signature Drink Errand

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Except the "Signature Drink" errand from the pub owner, give her the blueberry, raspberry, and chocoberry. Watch game freak out.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get the proper dialog for turning in the fruit, and the errand shows that it is being checked off. Then the game glitches and the first part of the errand changes to "Deliver a Charming Mushroom and a Verdant Mushroom to the Pub Owner", but the second task still says to "Order and Drink a Bagley Berry Fizz Sampler" and it gives you the option from the bar but you can never complete the task. We were also the only two Sims behind the bar and when the game glitched Lyndsey Shelby appeared shin deep in the floor.
What do you expect to see? The first task check off like it is supposed to, and not changed to something else, so the you can complete the errand.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The bug has only occurred twice now, but both times the same sim appeared in the floor

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (6,579 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Signature Drink Errand

Hero
@AZM23 I did this one and had not troubles with it.

Did you get any last exceptions when the game glitched ? (found in your documents folder) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (6,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

its a 3 parter errand, first you give her the berries and drink the first drink, then you get her the mushrooms and drink a different drink, after that you need to help her decide which of the two drinks to serve.

I got the drinks by clicking on the pub owner not the bar btw (click "more choices..." to see it).

So the task turning from berries into mushrooms isnt a bug/glitch.

Message 3 of 10 (6,512 Views)

Hero
@AZM23 Did you get any errors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I didn't find any errors in my folder, and I was able to order the drink but the game wouldn't acknowledge that the sim had drank it. It would just keep lighting up gold but not changing to the next drink. I have a feeling it was just the sim that was bugged because I tried with a different sim and didn't have the issue.

Message 5 of 10 (4,990 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ra7orrat It made me think it was when I completed the first part so fast, really hard finding though mushrooms not living in the world, since they only grow when your in that part of the world. I found the oversized mushrooms they grow in the forrest section, but my luck they where dirt piles.
Message 6 of 10 (4,984 Views)

Cottage Living Signature Drink - can’t choose

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do the Signature Drink errand up to the last point
What happens when the bug occurs? I want to complete the errand by telling the pub owner which signature drink to use, but the only actions available are to order either drink. Ordering the drinks does not complete the errand.
What do you expect to see? Some kind of action to choose a drink, the errand completes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Cottage Living errand issue. Occurred with no mods. I hadn’t tried before the latest patch, and haven’t tried the errand multiple times to see if it reoccurs.

Message 7 of 10 (4,892 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Signature Drink - can’t choose

★★★★★ Guide

My sims completed the first part of the errand but wouldn't drink the drink after he ordered it.  Then he gave her the mushrooms, ordered the next drink and wouldn't drink that either, so errand not complete. Frown. The errands seem very buggy.  I tried to do an errand for the grocer, but nothing would check off as being complete as I did the tasks.  I won't be able to do errands until this is fixed.

Message 8 of 10 (3,950 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Signature Drink - can’t choose

★★★★★ Guide

I just found out that my sims had been tuned with a certain mod not to craft or drink from bars (it was expensive and annoying with the Bonehilda puddles at the time!) so I had to remove the piece of code in the .cfg file and hey presto! Dan drank his Bagberry fizz and the verdant funk and won a bit of food! Mission accomplished! So for me it wasn't a bug but coding in a mod! Hope this helps some who may have done the same thing to save their sanity when Bonehilda puddles were a nightmare! I still wonder why I couldn't complete the grocery task though.  Nothing checked off on the grocery task which involves taking deliveries of stuff for the grocer in the village.

Message 9 of 10 (3,842 Views)

Re: [CoL] Can't complete Signature Drink Errand

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone's experiencing this issue and it's not mod-related, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save file, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (3,581 Views)