by DrippySojo45

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Cake disappears when trying to drag it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack except Eco lifestyle, Island living ,Country living. I have parenthood,dine out, laundry day, bowling night, movie hangout, and cool kitchen .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook a cake and try to drag it
What happens when the bug occurs? I cook a cake , the sims places it down on the counter and when I click to drag it disappears as soon as I hold click.
What do you expect to see? For my cakes to not disappear when I try and r drag it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living

I don’t have a picture or video but just back a cake and when the sims put it down try pick it up and drag it

Message 1 of 15 (3,343 Views)

Re: Cake disappears when trying to drag it

★★ Guide

Check their inventory, it's in there. 

Message 2 of 15 (3,320 Views)

Hero
@DrippySojo45 Gave this a quick test and it works fine for me.

Could you try deleting the localthumcache file + repairing the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (3,295 Views)

Hero
@DrippySojo45 have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,272 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

THIS is happening to me! Exact same. And no, it DOES NOT appear in my Sims inventory. It just completely disappears. I had to use cheats to age up my sim at her brithday party, which was lame. I took out all my mods and tried again, same thing. I'm completely up-to-date and and have everything except Batuu, Paranormal, and a few kits.

Message 5 of 15 (3,252 Views)

Hero
@Bestof4th Did you try deleting the cache files and repairing the game as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,207 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes. I've done both. Actually, I always delete my thumbnail at the end of every gameplay. But I have also repaired my game twice since the new update and also created a Folder Refresh due to an annoying bug with an old save.

Message 7 of 15 (3,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Can confirm. This is happening in my game too. Same exact thing. I can't get them to add birthday candles because if I try to drag it, it disappears. If i have them put it in their inventory and then I try to drag it, it just snaps right back into the inventory. If I try to move it in build mode, it disappears. This is definitely a bug.

Edit: It doesn't seem to happen with the hamburger cake. I haven't tried a white cake yet, but it happens consistently with the chocolate.

Message 8 of 15 (3,149 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 15 (3,090 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Cake disappears when trying to drag it

★ Guide

Still having this issue. The cake disappears when I try to move it and often goes into the household inventory with debug cheats on, but when I take it out of the household inventory it turns into an empty plate. It's impossible to have a functioning birthday party when I can't move the cake to open places.

Message 10 of 15 (2,782 Views)