Re: [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

by ChangingPlumbob

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

they will have about two berry bushes, of which the berries were harvestable when I first started the save in spring, but haven't been since then! so there is an issue with the number of spawns in addition to whether they are harvestable

Message 31 of 69 (10,741 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also had this issue which is stopping me advancing my aspiration. I managed to forage a frog from a log on the first day but since then no logs have spawned. The mushrooms stay as dirt patches. On the first day I visited the creature keeper planted a cherry tree in his garden pot but it hasn’t grown at all. I have spotted maybe three choccoberry and raspberry bushes but on daily visits over two weeks none of them became harvestable.

Message 32 of 69 (10,490 Views)

In my game wild plants do grow and are harvestable but I also have very few collectibles in general in the Bramblewood. It‘s currently summer in my game and in the whole area I have: 3 Chocoberry Shrubs, 1 Blueberry, 1 Nightly Mushroom, 1 Strange Mushroom, 1 Frog log and 1 Dig Pile. There aren‘t any plants that are out of seasons as you find them in the other worlds either and no rocks at all. For an area that centers around collecting this seems to be an oddly meager harvest. 

Message 33 of 69 (10,460 Views)

★★ Apprentice

this is exactly my problem Anska! there seems to be less forrageables per area than other worlds. I only had one dig pile every time i went too. this is far less than what you might find in the park in oasis springs for example

Message 34 of 69 (10,453 Views)

This exact thing happened to me too, frustrating, as it meant I couldn't complete my aspiration in time. 

Message 35 of 69 (9,800 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

★ Guide

This happens to me as well. I can't finish one of those task thingies for my neighbor now because I need one of those mushrooms. 

There is literally 0 in my world. Non are spawning. Only Rasberry bushes but they won't grow. The only way I could get those mushrooms is via tasks and buying them at the stalls, but they always only have 1 or kind in there. Throughout my few days of playing non stop, I only managed to collect 3 kinds of mushrooms. Searching near that snail statue and getting them as rewards for completing tasks.

Also, all plants keep resetting. The plants on my lot have reset only once since I bought the expansion pack. The wild ones however will reset every few sim days. But I guess this is a totally different problem. 

Message 36 of 69 (9,781 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens for me only when my Sim doesn't live in Bramblewood. When living in Bramblewood my Sim has always enough harvestables as you can see on the screenshots.The longer he lived in Bramblewood the more mushrooms appeared.

Your  Sim should stay one night at Bramblewood and in the morning he has enough to harvest. He could go on holiday or sleep in a tent.

Message 37 of 69 (9,762 Views)

Re: Wild plants not growing AT ALL since installing cottage living

Champion

Same on Xbox series S. I've had this on and off for ages even before installing Seasons with other worlds having dirt clumps instead of wild plants and taking weeks to sprout but after a while they do grow usually. It started since Eco living pack was made available, (which I don't have).

It's much worse with cottage living though, these wild plants won't sprout at all in The Bramblewood, Old New Henford and Finchwick. I can find one blueberry bush near the ruins with one single blueberry occasionally. I can't complete the errands for the Creature Keeper to collect wild mushrooms as there aren't any, but mushrooms are growing from seeds on my farm.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 38 of 69 (3,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too since either installing Cottage Living or the big July patch. (I was out of town without my computer for a week-and-a-half, so the update and pack install happened at the same time.)

I'm not playing with any mods (took them out before updating the game) and have so far only played in the Finchwick neighbourhood of Henford-on-Bagley.

What seems to be happening is that the neighbourhood plants reset every time I leave my Sims' home lot. (This includes taking her to CAS, exiting to the wold view, and even visiting the pub in her home neighbourhood. It does not happen when she travels to her non-active job.)

They do grow if I keep her on the home lot for a few days at a time, but that gets boring fast and I haven't played that way long enough to see if they'll produce any fruit.

ETA - the plants in her home garden are growing and producing normally.

Message 39 of 69 (3,395 Views)

★ Guide

I've had this bug since before cottage living unfortunately. I don't think i've seen a single wild plant produce something in literally maybe a year. 

Message 40 of 69 (1,296 Views)